verosanchez

I was accepted into UPenn this morning! I interviewed on Wednesday, so a really quick turnaround!

Interviewed: Bryn Mawr (Told I would hear back within a week, so next wednesday)

Still waiting on: Boston U, Rutgers NB, NYU

On 1/24/2019 at 3:09 PM, bswtomsw1 said:

I have applied to UNC and ECU MSW Programs. I am still waiting to hear back from both.

I also applied to UNC and its my top choice...any insight on when we will hear back? have you heard anything about how competitive it is?

On 1/11/2019 at 8:26 AM, suhlast said:

I applied to 6 and am waiting on 3.

Accepted:

UMich, WashU, UPenn

Waiting on:

UNC, Columbia, UDenver

Good luck everyone!! 

I also applied for UDenver, would you let us know when you get any notification from it?

Seems we are supposed to hear the result by Feb 1.

14 hours ago, mswclaire said:

I also applied to UNC and its my top choice...any insight on when we will hear back? have you heard anything about how competitive it is?

Their website says late January-March....I am anxiously waiting! I have not heard anything about the competitiveness.

14 hours ago, calmchili said:

I also applied for UDenver, would you let us know when you get any notification from it?

I also applied to UDenver by the priority deadline! Seems like they are really committed to waiting until the last minute to answer! 

7 minutes ago, v.oye said:

I got into Rutgers NB today, but they want an admissions decision in 2 weeks. Any advice on how to ask for an extension?

My career advisor told me that technically no masters level graduate program can demand an answer before April 15th. It may be different if you are being offered a scholarship, I think they can give a deadline on when you need to decide for your scholarship. 

On 1/27/2019 at 9:31 AM, v.oye said:

I was accepted into UPenn this morning! I interviewed on Wednesday, so a really quick turnaround!

Interviewed: Bryn Mawr (Told I would hear back within a week, so next wednesday)

Congrats! I interviewed last Thursday and am anxiously waiting

18 hours ago, calmchili said:

Yes! I just came on here to see if anyone else had heard yet..

Was really hoping they wouldn't wait until the deadline.

4 hours ago, bswtomsw1 said:

Their website says late January-March....I am anxiously waiting! I have not heard anything about the competitiveness.

Hey! I applied to UNC and am local to the triangle area. It is known as very competitive and a prestigious program. When someone locally mentions UNC social work it definitely caries a lot of weight. I think part of that comes from the fact that is really the only top 20 program in this region as far as MSW. 

On 1/27/2019 at 9:31 AM, v.oye said:

Did you get your financial offer from Penn yet? I got mine this week and wasn't super impressed.

8 hours ago, ecspringer said:

I also applied to UDenver by the priority deadline! Seems like they are really committed to waiting until the last minute to answer! 

LOL I guess so. Let's keep each other posted then.

21 hours ago, suhlast said:

Did you get your financial offer from Penn yet? I got mine this week and wasn't super impressed.

Nope, nothing yet. My status hasn't even updated online to accepted

On 1/28/2019 at 1:35 PM, mswclaire said:

My career advisor told me that technically no masters level graduate program can demand an answer before April 15th. It may be different if you are being offered a scholarship, I think they can give a deadline on when you need to decide for your scholarship. 

Thanks! I just looked into that and it does say Rutgers NB is a part of the Council of Graduate School's April 15th Resolution. They did offer my a scholarship they say I need to respond to by March, but the council says that the april 15th goes for scholarships as well. I'll just use this to hardball later if need be. 

17 minutes ago, v.oye said:

Thanks! I just looked into that and it does say Rutgers NB is a part of the Council of Graduate School's April 15th Resolution. They did offer my a scholarship they say I need to respond to by March, but the council says that the april 15th goes for scholarships as well. I'll just use this to hardball later if need be. 

Ooh, this is good info. May end up using this.