verosanchez

19 hours ago, MSW1313 said:

congrats! i didn't know you could request for more money.. when did you submit your applixation to NYU?

Thanks! I applied Jan 11th and everything was completed by Jan 15th!

On 2/6/2019 at 9:06 PM, calmchili said:

Is UNC your top choice?

Definitely in my top two. I live in the triangle now and did undergrad at NC state so UNC is appealing. But I also really like WashU

On 2/7/2019 at 12:57 PM, MikaylaBowers said:

Hi!! I submitted applications for CSUEB & SF State back in December and for SJSU mid-January.  

Waiting for answers has definitely been so stressful! Have you heard anything back yet?

Hi! I have yet to hear anything from CSUEB, SF State or SJSU. The waiting part of all of this is the most excruciating part I feel.

Good luck!

3 hours ago, Tomlinson87 said:

Maybe I should apply to NYU as well...I didn’t think I’d have a shot...do they have any certificate programs for military veterans and families?

THey have some schorships for vets but unsure otherwise I would reach out. I spend the weekend in NY touring and love it

4 hours ago, Tomlinson87 said:

Maybe I should apply to NYU as well...I didn’t think I’d have a shot...do they have any certificate programs for military veterans and families?

Not sure about certificates or anything, but you should def apply to NYU if you're interested! Not sure where else you're applying, but NYU's admit rate is fairly high (70-80%). They're just $$$$$

1 hour ago, MSWFall2019 said:

Not sure about certificates or anything, but you should def apply to NYU if you're interested! Not sure where else you're applying, but NYU's admit rate is fairly high (70-80%). They're just $$$$$

I started the app, just need to ask my recommenders if they can do another one for me. Luckily the VA is covering the price tag. Thank you!

Where did you get that admit statistic from? I emailed asking and they didn’t share it. 70-80% is a big difference. 

43 minutes ago, ss0112 said:

accepted into Columbia today! Anyone know when financial packages or awards are sent out? 

We're you regular or advanced standing? Congrats!!! That's amazing ?

On 2/8/2019 at 2:49 PM, MSW1313 said:

I just received my admission for NYU also! My application was submitted February 1st!

Congrats!! Did you apply to the 2 year or advanced standing?

On 2/8/2019 at 9:00 PM, Capturedvitality said:

Where did you get that admit statistic from? I emailed asking and they didn’t share it. 70-80% is a big difference. 

I live in NY and that's just what I've heard from folks in the area, but a quick google search and I found a stat of 89% here: https://www.petersons.com/graduate-schools/new-york-university-silver-school-of-social-work-000_10013941.aspx

Obviously not official, so not sure how accurate. 

Stupid question coming up: phone group interview with University of Michigan. Has anyone had one with them? I am aware they will ask me about my application, but is there anything else I should prepare for? Thanks for any and all input!

I live in NY and that's just what I've heard from folks in the area, but a quick google search and I found a stat of 89% here: https://www.petersons.com/graduate-schools/new-york-university-silver-school-of-social-work-000_10013941.aspx

Obviously not official, so not sure how accurate. 

Yeah Idk I doubt it’s that high due to it being such a small program. Honestly tho it doesn’t make a difference to me. :)