verosanchez

59 minutes ago, msw1849 said:

I just got my acceptance letter from Denver! They didn’t send me an email - I had to check my portal. 

17 minutes ago, suhlast said:

I also just got my acceptance and scholarship award from Denver! They sent an email that my portal had been updated.

Me too! But with the scholarship, the tuition fee is still hefty to me. 

7 hours ago, ecspringer said:

I'm also waiting to hear from them! Let us know if the Dean answers you! :) 

The dean didn't reply to me, but the admission ambassador did. She said I would get the admission decision later today. A few hours later, I got an email letting me check the portal. I'm in! Wish you good luck!

I was awarded 32K. This is definitely helping with making it a competitive choice for me, but I was hoping for a bit more from this level of school. 

I saw on their website scholarships range from 11k-46k.

1 hour ago, suhlast said:

I was awarded 32K. This is definitely helping with making it a competitive choice for me, but I was hoping for a bit more from this level of school. 

I saw on their website scholarships range from 11k-46k.

Seems you have got the highest amount :)

Hello all,

Nervous wreck here. I applied to Boston University, Boston College, Simmons University, University of Michigan, and University of Southern California.

I want to do the clinical mental health route with a focus on military and family members.  I don’t have any research or internship experience. This is sort of a career change for me. I was law enforcement in the Air Force for ten years and a year in St Pete, Florida. Due to injuries from the military, I can’t do it anymore.

I applied prior to the priority deadline. I hope everyone gets accepted to the school they want.

23 minutes ago, Tomlinson87 said:

Hello all,

Nervous wreck here. I applied to Boston University, Boston College, Simmons University, University of Michigan, and University of Southern California.

I want to do the clinical mental health route with a focus on military and family members.  I don’t have any research or internship experience. This is sort of a career change for me. I was law enforcement in the Air Force for ten years and a year in St Pete, Florida. Due to injuries from the military, I can’t do it anymore.

I applied prior to the priority deadline. I hope everyone gets accepted to the school they want.

Did you apply to UMich after the December 1st but before the February 1st? I applied in January and am incredibly anxious to hear back. I'm doing clinical mental health as well and want to work with military and their family members, but wanted to do the HRSA scholars program too. Fingers crossed I can get a military focused placement if not the program. Best of luck! 

hi everyone!

I applied to:

University of Wisconsin (Madison) submitted my application 11/17, recommendations submitted 12/28

University of Michigan- applied 1/24

University of Texas- Arlington applied 2/2

and considering applying to Pitt, all for advanced standing.

I've been so anxious about waiting to  hear back from schools and afraid of not getting in. I am in my senior year of my BSW and have a competitive application, but the waiting game is killing me. I applied to Arlington as a back up because they have a super quick admission process if you are applying for advanced standing and you do not need letters of rec. Do you think its worth my time to apply to Pitt if my heart is set on either UMich or UWM? 

Best of luck everyone!

41 minutes ago, rach19 said:

Did you apply to UMich after the December 1st but before the February 1st? I applied in January and am incredibly anxious to hear back. I'm doing clinical mental health as well and want to work with military and their family members, but wanted to do the HRSA scholars program too. Fingers crossed I can get a military focused placement if not the program. Best of luck! 

Yup, I applied before Jan 15th, but after Dec 1st. I didn’t get notified of my application going in for review until a weekish ago.

Edited by Tomlinson87

38 minutes ago, rach19 said:

Hopefully you get the scholarship. I would love to go to U-M, top choice.

34 minutes ago, rach19 said:

hi everyone!

I applied to:

University of Wisconsin (Madison) submitted my application 11/17, recommendations submitted 12/28

I've been so anxious about waiting to  hear back from schools and afraid of not getting in. I am in my senior year of my BSW and have a competitive application, but the waiting game is killing me. I applied to Arlington as a back up because they have a super quick admission process if you are applying for advanced standing and you do not need letters of rec. Do you think its worth my time to apply to Pitt if my heart is set on either UMich or UWM? 

Best of luck everyone!

I’d apply to any school you want. My psychology professor said the letter of recommendation weighs heavy on admission to this program. So don’t sell yourself short. Let me worry for us all, lol.

1 hour ago, rach19 said:

hi everyone!

I applied to:

Best of luck everyone!

I wouldn't bother with Pitt unless you are self-funded. My understanding is that they do not award scholarships after the priority deadline (12/31).

Edited by doctormelody

On 1/30/2019 at 4:28 PM, BananaSlug4MSW said:

Congrats on your admission! I got into USC as well, do you happen to know when the financial aid information would go out? I figured I would check on here before contacting my admissions counselor. I have my heart set on this program because of their military social work track but it's so expensive that without adequate funding I'll have to say no ?

Are you doing the online or on-campus program? I applied to the online program for Fall, I want to do the military track as well. I'm a veteran and thought it would be helpful.

6 hours ago, nklr25 said:

@rach19 Hi! I applied to Michigan before December 1st, and I was accepted in early January. I also applied to Wisconsin-Madison in late December, but I applied to the two year standard program for each school. Best of luck!

Have you received your financial package for UMich yet?

11 hours ago, suhlast said:

Have you received your financial package for UMich yet?

I have only received my financial aid package from the Office of Financial Aid, but not from the School of Social Work itself.

On 2/3/2019 at 9:03 AM, nklr25 said:

I have only received my financial aid package from the Office of Financial Aid, but not from the School of Social Work itself.

Hey! Just wanted to share this info. I emailed their office to inquire about the financial offers being sent and the response I got was that, "they should be sending them out within the next month" They also indicated that if you applied for any of their special programs those notifications would come after the financial offer.

Hope this is useful for some people!

43 minutes ago, suhlast said:

Hey! Just wanted to share this info. I emailed their office to inquire about the financial offers being sent and the response I got was that, "they should be sending them out within the next month" They also indicated that if you applied for any of their special programs those notifications would come after the financial offer.

Hope this is useful for some people!

Awesome. Thank you :)

On 2/2/2019 at 5:12 PM, Tomlinson87 said:

Are you doing the online or on-campus program? I applied to the online program for Fall, I want to do the military track as well. I'm a veteran and thought it would be helpful.

I'm planning on doing the on-campus, hoping to become a clinical social worker for the air force after i get licensed and all that good stuff. Good luck!

2 hours ago, BananaSlug4MSW said:

I'm planning on doing the on-campus, hoping to become a clinical social worker for the air force after i get licensed and all that good stuff. Good luck!

I was enlisted in the Air Force for ten years. I would love to go back in as an officer, but I doubt they will with my back injury. That’s awesome you want to do that, good luck!

Edited by Tomlinson87