verosanchez

Hi everyone! Been lurking the forums since I submitted apps back in December. Anyone else hear back from Berkeley? I know they told us to expect a decision notification in March but I received an email this morning notifying me that I was placed on the waitlist. I applied for the strengthening organizations and communities concentration (formerly management and planning) which I understand is small to begin with. Just checking in to see if anyone got an admissions offer or if I was placed on the waitlist prematurely. 

So far I’ve been accepted to Columbia’s online program at the beginning of this month and got an extension for my deposit until March 30 while I wait for USC (online), SJSU, and SFSU. (It’s excruitatingly painful to wait on California decisions.)

14 hours ago, WRJ said:

I just got accepted by UNC Chapel Hill! I applied 12/11 and heard back 02/21.

Still waiting on a couple of others but really excited to finally hear back from somewhere! 

That is so exciting! Congrats! do you mind sharing your stats?

1 hour ago, natkay said:

That is so exciting! Congrats! do you mind sharing your stats?

It is!!! I shared this in the UNC thread but I majored in sociology and gender studies in undergrad. I have some research under my belt and a published thesis. I went to a non-traditional college, so I do't have a GPA. I didn't submit GRE scores either. I've been working at a repro health + immigrants rights non profit for the last 2.5 years and volunteering as an abortion doula on the side. 

I also just heard back from UC Berkeley and I was accepted! I applied by the deadline and heard back today 2/22. I'm so excited!!

3 hours ago, WRJ said:

It is!!! I shared this in the UNC thread but I majored in sociology and gender studies in undergrad. I have some research under my belt and a published thesis. I went to a non-traditional college, so I do't have a GPA. I didn't submit GRE scores either. I've been working at a repro health + immigrants rights non profit for the last 2.5 years and volunteering as an abortion doula on the side. 

I also just heard back from UC Berkeley and I was accepted! I applied by the deadline and heard back today 2/22. I'm so excited!!

Whoa, offers are coming! Big Congrats!

Hi everyone! I've been checking out the different forums to see who my future classmates would be. I heard back from CSUEB on 02/21 and I got Accepted and I got an email notification from UC. Berkeley today that I was also Accepted! I'm just waiting for SJSU. 

10 hours ago, Thisisadisplayname said:

Hi everyone! Been lurking the forums since I submitted apps back in December. Anyone else hear back from Berkeley? I know they told us to expect a decision notification in March but I received an email this morning notifying me that I was placed on the waitlist. I applied for the strengthening organizations and communities concentration (formerly management and planning) which I understand is small to begin with. Just checking in to see if anyone got an admissions offer or if I was placed on the waitlist prematurely. 

So far I’ve been accepted to Columbia’s online program at the beginning of this month and got an extension for my deposit until March 30 while I wait for USC (online), SJSU, and SFSU. (It’s excruitatingly painful to wait on California decisions.)

Hi, I was accepted into Berkeley’s  Strengthening Organizations and Communities specialization this morning. Wish you the best of luck!!

10 hours ago, HelloUm said:

Hi, I was accepted into Berkeley’s  Strengthening Organizations and Communities specialization this morning. Wish you the best of luck!!

I was accepted for the Strengthening Organizations and Communities specialization too! Any idea how big that program is? I think I originally applied to A-Well but was recommended for admissions for SOC.

Hey congrats to everyone!! It's so awesome seeing all of these acceptances! I've been lurking for awhile but just made an account. So far I got into Simmons and BU, I'm still waiting on BC. Has anyone who applied after 12/1 heard anything yet, or know when we can expect to find out? 

Yesterday, BC emailed the admitted class apologizing for the early deadlines they had incorrectly set with its acceptance (Feb 18 for me and then only extending the deadline to March 4). Citing the CGS Resolution, they said the earliest they can actually impose a deadline on their decision is April 15!

I want to go ahead and just share with y'all the link to this resolution because I know there are quite a few colleges violating this resolution and not giving us enough time to thoughtfully make a decision with all of our offers at hand.

2 hours ago, WRJ said:

I was accepted for the Strengthening Organizations and Communities specialization too! Any idea how big that program is? I think I originally applied to A-Well but was recommended for admissions for SOC.

Congratulations! I hear only 10% of applicants go into SOC and that the cohorts are pretty small. I’m waiting for someone to start the UC Berkeley MSW class of 2021 page so we can get a better sense. 

5 hours ago, verosanchez said:

I have so far heard from CSU East Bay (accepted) and UC Berkeley last night; unfortunately, I was rejected from Berkeley. I kinda new that was coming, though lol congrats to everyone!!

I was rejected from Berkeley last night too. I don't want you to feel alone because there's got to be many of us! But we don't know until we try. Congrats on your acceptance to CSUEB! :)

On 2/23/2019 at 8:58 AM, WRJ said:

There is a Facebook page for newly admitted Berkeley MSW students. (UC Berkeley MSW 2021)

On 2/23/2019 at 12:33 PM, lmf126 said:

Hey congrats to everyone!! It's so awesome seeing all of these acceptances! I've been lurking for awhile but just made an account. So far I got into Simmons and BU, I'm still waiting on BC. Has anyone who applied after 12/1 heard anything yet, or know when we can expect to find out? 

Hey! Congrats on the acceptances! I applied to the same 3 programs and waiting on BC. I applied after 12/1 and the email I got said I would hear by March 15th. Hopefully we will hear before that seeing BU wants a deposit by the 8th!

1 hour ago, rrobinson said:

Just got the email, I got accepted! You should hear soon!

Thanks for letting me know!! Congrats!!!!

i just checked and I was accepted too! :) did you receive any fin aid info? I don’t think I saw anything. 

56 minutes ago, ML878 said:

Thanks for letting me know!! Congrats!!!!

i just checked and I was accepted too! :) did you receive any fin aid info? I don’t think I saw anything. 

Congrats!! :) I didn’t see any fin. aid info, no. But I still have to fill out fafsa and figure that bit out. 

Edited by rrobinson

5 hours ago, EM1890 said:

Hey! Congrats on the acceptances! I applied to the same 3 programs and waiting on BC. I applied after 12/1 and the email I got said I would hear by March 15th. Hopefully we will hear before that seeing BU wants a deposit by the 8th!

I also applied to BC by the 1/15 deadline and am still waiting to hear back.

49 minutes ago, rrobinson said:

Congrats!! :) I didn’t see any fin. aid info, no. But I still have to fill out fafsa and figure that bit out. 

I emailed them about when we’ll receive that info, so I’ll keep you posted if they respond (though I submitted my fafsa in December, so I should hear back sooner) !