verosanchez

7 hours ago, mmiranda418 said:

I got accepted into the Fordham MSW program on 2/27 (sent in application on 2/1, and app was completed on 2/13 - I had issues with the submission of my transcripts). I will be doing the 3 year part-time program. Fordham is the only school that I applied to; I went there for undergrad and I just am in love with the environment and the people there :) Kind of nervous because of the price, but they gave me a $9,000 scholarship for the entire 3 years ($1500 each semester) so that helps a little, but I need to apply for loans and scholarships. 

I hope there are some Fordham people around, I haven’t seen any yet. 

I got accepted to Fordham for the 2-year full time program. I had an accepted students webinar today with lots of useful info. I am still waiting on two other schools, but am liking Fordham more and more. 

I thought I had all of my ASU stuff in weeks ago... I just barely got an email saying they had received all of my materials and were reviewing the application!  It has shown as "In Review" for the last several weeks and I even received emails from a school rep saying that they had everything.  Has anyone else experienced something similar from a school?

Hi all! 

I was wondering if any of you have any general insight about the School of Social Administration (AM program) at UChicago? Or if you can answer some of my questions based on your experience: 

Why did you or why didn't you apply or consider UChicago?

What do you know about SSA? 

General impressions of SSA?

Any drawbacks?

Anything helps! :) 

I applied to CSUN and SJSU for the online MSW programs. I was accepted to CSUN but still waiting to hear from SJSU. Still not sure which I'll pick if I'm accepted to both! Good luck everyone! I hope to hear from SJSU soon but June... ugh that is so far off! I applied in November so I'm hoping that the early bird gets the worm! :-) 

@gabbasworld congrats!! I am still waiting for UT at Austin. The other two I was accepted at are private schools so $$$$

I wish I could talk to alumni from the programs I got accepted to and get their insight on their program. So far I've been accepted to University of Denver and Columbia University.

4 minutes ago, Msw_2019! said:

@gabbasworld congrats!! I am still waiting for UT at Austin. The other two I was accepted at are private schools so $$$$

I wish I could talk to alumni from the programs I got accepted to and get their insight on their program. So far I've been accepted to University of Denver and Columbia University.

That's great! I definitely feel you on the private school cost with some of the places I applied. They're good programs but so much money it's hard to justify. Are you attending any visiting days before accepting?

@gabbasworld I wish I could visit Columbia and DU but next week I'm going to Europe for vacation for 2 months. I wanted to do this trip before starting grad school. I did check out UT at Austin's program but without checking out DU or Columbia, I cannot compare.

Has anyone visited Columbia or University of Denver's?

Thank you @Evelyn.D and congratulations! 

Ahh the thing is I would. Trust me because this wait is agonizing lol. However, I feel like if I call it will make me seem impatient rather than professional and therefore jeopardize my chances in the long run. Especially if they are on the fence w me at this point if that may be the case. But at the same time, I am already dying to know what my status is! 

On 2/22/2019 at 10:54 PM, HelloUm said:

Hi, I was accepted into Berkeley’s  Strengthening Organizations and Communities specialization this morning. Wish you the best of luck!!

I applied to Berkeley's SOC concentration and didn't get in, but congratulations!!! If you don't mind, I'd love to know what kind of jobs you've had previously and potentially what your GPA was from undergrad?  

7 hours ago, MSWDUDE19 said:

Thank you @Evelyn.D and congratulations! 

Ahh the thing is I would. Trust me because this wait is agonizing lol. However, I feel like if I call it will make me seem impatient rather than professional and therefore jeopardize my chances in the long run. Especially if they are on the fence w me at this point if that may be the case. But at the same time, I am already dying to know what my status is! 

For what it's worth, I reached out to a few programs to inquire about when I could expect to hear from them after getting an acceptance from somewhere else. I can't speak for all programs, but I did end up getting a general timeline in response, and it must not have affected my chances as I ended up getting accepted. I don't think asking for an update or when you could expect to hear by would be bad.

On 2/20/2019 at 2:59 PM, Kimberlynw said:

I got accepted to OSU in January! I was also hoping for a fellowship, have you heard anything since you posted this? I haven't heard anything which is discouraging because it seems like people from other programs have at least heard about whether or not they've been nominated.

Hi! I committed to Ohio State last week! Will you be attending there as well?

On 3/12/2019 at 4:55 PM, GreyCat said:

I applied to Berkeley's SOC concentration and didn't get in, but congratulations!!! If you don't mind, I'd love to know what kind of jobs you've had previously and potentially what your GPA was from undergrad?  

Hi! I previously worked as a case manager with high-risk youth and adults and then was a case management supervisor. I also worked with students on campus helping underrepresented people transfer to the UC system. My GPA was 3.875 when I applied.