Waitlists

The_Last_Thylacine

19 hours ago, semiotic_mess said:

(Late to the forum, but) Waitlisted at Loyola. I was told the waitlist depends on AOI and faculty. @HomoLudens what are your AOI if you don't mind me asking?

I was hoping another Loyola waitlister would post. I heard the same thing. Mine I am focused on German Idealism and analytic philosophy in general. You?

7 hours ago, HomoLudens said:

I was hoping another Loyola waitlister would post. I heard the same thing. Mine I am focused on German Idealism and analytic philosophy in general. You?

Social/Political, Feminist philosophy, Critical Race Theory (and a few other related areas). I am very continental based so I have a feeling we are not competing for the same spot! :)

People waitlisted or accepted at BU. other than the email (solicited or unsolicited) or phone call etc., did your status on the portal change too? I haven't heard anything and my status is unchanged. Just trying to get a sense of things. Thank you.

17 minutes ago, Moose#@1%$ said:

People waitlisted or accepted at BU. other than the email (solicited or unsolicited) or phone call etc., did your status on the portal change too? I haven't heard anything and my status is unchanged. Just trying to get a sense of things. Thank you.

I got an email saying I was waitlisted - they said that they only made 6 initial offers to 200+ apps. Status on the site hasn't changed.

41 minutes ago, KittyPlaut said:

I got an email saying I was waitlisted - they said that they only made 6 initial offers to 200+ apps. Status on the site hasn't changed.

ahh alright. Well, that means I most likely was rejected. hah Thank you for the information.

I wonder if i should email and aks whether I was rejected?

Waitlisted at Indiana - “near the top” - got the email about an hour and a half ago. Definitely a top choice for me, so anyone who’s got an offer and isn’t going to accept, please kindly decline soon - thanks!