2020 Canadian SLP Thread

1 hour ago, MissSB said:

Has anyone heard from UBC yet? I think they mentioned early-April on their website.

I haven't heard anything yet, i'm hoping we'll hear by the end of the week!

8 hours ago, KATK95 said:

Hey! I’m actually in a similar situation. I got in to McGill and Western. I’m actually leaning toward moving out of province! I think Ontario is full of unique experiences but I’ve already completed my undergrad close to home so I think moving to another province is a good life experience itself. I think it will allow for new opportunities and experiences that I won’t get living close to or at home :) I hope my experience helps! Good luck to all and congratulations on getting in :)

McGill is a really great program!

4 hours ago, NDspeechie said:

For anyone on Western's waitlist, you can email Janet and ask what quadrant you're in on the waiting list! I'm in the second quadrant. 

Do you mind PM'ing me your stats? I'm on the waitlist too

20 hours ago, JennSed said:

That's so awesome!! Thank you for sharing your story!! Do you see yourself working more with children or adults in the future? I always thought I wanted to work with adults because I always felt I wasn't that great with kids, but then I got a job working with kids on the spectrum as well and it changed how I felt about it and increased my confidence working with them too so now I'm torn! I figure I'll get a better feel for what I prefer once I do my practicums :) 

Yea, I've always seen myself working more with the adult/senior population but I really do love what I have seen so far in therapy with children. I think practicums really will help us decide. All SLPs that I have met say that they changed their minds in grad school and ended up working with the opposite population that they were set on before hand. I just can't wait to start at this point - really hoping that the Covid crisis doesn't postpone the programs starting this fall!

25 minutes ago, Slpqwe said:

Also got accepted to uOttawa!! Any anglophones here that are a little concerned about it being all in french?

I am!!!! I'm from Montreal and although my french is passable, I'm a bit concerned about doing a whole masters in French. I feel like I'm going to need to practice before school starts!

1 hour ago, speech2020ana said:

So western got back to me saying I'm midway in the second quadrant- does anyone have info on how big these quadrants are and what my chances are? 

I’m also in the second quadrant (but I don’t know where)! If there are around 100 people on the wait list that would mean we are ~25-50, but that’s just my speculation. Do you mind pming me your stats? I hope you get your call! 

15 minutes ago, Meggiemoo said:

I’m also in the second quadrant (but I don’t know where)! If there are around 100 people on the wait list that would mean we are ~25-50, but that’s just my speculation. Do you mind pming me your stats? I hope you get your call! 

Just did :)

1 minute ago, ayaamz said:

Just got my acceptance from Dal! It's the only school I applied to so I'm so excited

Congrats!! Did you get an email?

Edited by slpthings