2019-2020 Application Thread

Dwar

1 hour ago, PoliticalTheory13 said:

I have it too. It is probably a glitch

I contacted the admissions office, and it seems like it's a glitch. The email also mentioned that applications are currently still under review, and decisions will be sent out over a period of 2 to 3 weeks beginning next week, if anyone else hasn't heard from UChicago. 

5 minutes ago, shyareene said:

To those who applied to Georgetown's government, any news yet from the AP subfield?

Haven’t posted here yet and just found the thread recently, but I got a phone call on Friday from Georgetown’s AP field chair notifying me of my acceptance. No idea if this means all acceptances have been released though.

3 minutes ago, Josh_Lyman said:

Haven’t posted here yet and just found the thread recently, but I got a phone call on Friday from Georgetown’s AP field chair notifying me of my acceptance. No idea if this means all acceptances have been released though.

Congratulations that's amazing!! Thanks for letting me know :) Im expecting a rejection tbh, but I'd love to hear any tips/suggestions as Im going to reapply. 

PS: Great username for someone in AP haha

Just now, shyareene said:

Congratulations that's amazing!! Thanks for letting me know :) Im expecting a rejection tbh, but I'd love to hear any tips/suggestions as Im going to reapply. 

PS: Great username for someone in AP haha

Thank you! Honestly I’m new to this process and had no idea what to expect. I suppose my best advice is to be really close with a couple undergrad professors who will write great letters for you? Haha

Just now, Josh_Lyman said:

Thank you! Honestly I’m new to this process and had no idea what to expect. I suppose my best advice is to be really close with a couple undergrad professors who will write great letters for you? Haha

Haha fair, alll my writers were from GU! I think where I messed up most is a low quant score for a quant heavy subfield like AP. 

11 minutes ago, uchenyy said:

Would it come off as pushy to write to UNC and ask when decisions will be announced?

Pushiness is a virtue in academic life ;) kidding - I think it's totally fine. Another option would be to call them (in which case they probably won't ask for your name)

15 hours ago, Jaliboy said:

I'm not sure if it is a glitch. I've attached a screenshot on what my portal says 

I was admitted to UChicago (departmental letter on Feb 10, followed by official admissions letter from the division on Feb 14), and my portal doesn't show any request for an official transcript—the only required form it's asking for is a reply to the offer of admissions—so I'm not sure I'd read anything into that. 

5 hours ago, shyareene said:

To those who applied to Georgetown's government, any news yet from the AP subfield?

So far I did not see a rejection from GU on the survey. I guess they sent all acceptances. Can we say that we are going to receive rejection those who are still waiting from GU?

Just now, HanZero said:

Thanks...CP. How about you?

1 minute ago, HanZero said:

Thanks...CP. How about you?

CP.
It looks like my application was rejected since I have not received news from them.
I do not mind, to be honest - I already received an offer from a strong US school that I am going to accept. 

19 hours ago, e2e4 said:

cuny also made contact with me today -- details re visit day. no letter though..

So you didn't get an official acceptance? Just a letter asking you to come to visit day? When is visit day?