2019-2020 Application Thread

Dwar

7 hours ago, S-Kyo said:

So far I did not see a rejection from GU on the survey. I guess they sent all acceptances. Can we say that we are going to receive rejection those who are still waiting from GU?

Whoever did not hear back as of yet from Georgetown should expect a rejection. This includes me lol. I tend to believe they sent out all of the acceptances, possibly also the wait-listed ones as well. But to be sure, let's give them one additional week. Oh and- don't hold your breath to receive their official rejection, last year they sent my rejection around the middle of May. 

2 minutes ago, kaze_ng said:

Does anyone know if Penn State also keeps applicants in waitlist limbo as well? I'm still waiting for them to give me a decision so I can end the misery.

HAHA SAME. Have you received any sort of information from them? like have they told you that you're on their waitlist? 

I have not heard anything from them, but it seems that the rejections are trickling out. I think they started on friday. 

1 minute ago, Dwar said:

HAHA SAME. Have you received any sort of information from them? like have they told you that you're on their waitlist? 

I have not heard anything from them, but it seems that the rejections are trickling out. I think they started on friday. 

No, I sent them an email asking about that but so far have heard nothing. I'm convinced that I'm rejected, but a part of me still hope that I'm waitlisted. 

PSU is my top choice this cycle, so I still kinda cling onto them. I just want them to reject me already so I can commit to other schools that accepted me.

Just now, kaze_ng said:

No, I sent them an email asking about that but so far have heard nothing. I'm convinced that I'm rejected, but a part of me still hope that I'm waitlisted. 

PSU is my top choice this cycle, so I still kinda cling onto them. I just want them to reject me already so I can commit to other schools that accepted me.

Totally get that. I emailed them in early Feb when acceptances were coming out and the coordinator got back to me and let me know that the decisions were being made and that i'd hear very soon. Have not heard anything besides that. 

And i'm with you on just wanting to get this decision back. PSU was one of my top two choices this cycle. Thankfully i got into my other top choice and intend to accept it after the visit day (assuming they pass the vibe check). I'd just feel so much better about accepting it once i hear back a definitive answer from PSU. 

9 hours ago, TiKei said:

Whoever did not hear back as of yet from Georgetown should expect a rejection. This includes me lol. I tend to believe they sent out all of the acceptances, possibly also the wait-listed ones as well. But to be sure, let's give them one additional week. Oh and- don't hold your breath to receive their official rejection, last year they sent my rejection around the middle of May. 

I did not see waitlists posted as well. Finger crossed! At least, I hope we are waitlisted.

3 hours ago, Dwar said:

Totally get that. I emailed them in early Feb when acceptances were coming out and the coordinator got back to me and let me know that the decisions were being made and that i'd hear very soon. Have not heard anything besides that. 

And i'm with you on just wanting to get this decision back. PSU was one of my top two choices this cycle. Thankfully i got into my other top choice and intend to accept it after the visit day (assuming they pass the vibe check). I'd just feel so much better about accepting it once i hear back a definitive answer from PSU. 

Just received the rejection from PSU via email. Not what I was hoping for but I expected that. Good luck on your part!

40 minutes ago, kaze_ng said:

Just received the rejection from PSU via email. Not what I was hoping for but I expected that. Good luck on your part!

Oof i'm sorry dude. Thanks for the good luck but at this point i have accepted the rejection. I just hate how schools do this thought, send them out at a very slow pace.

4 hours ago, DrPepperGuy said:

Anyone here accepted to WashU that has the visit date?  I'm trying to sprinkle in some emails to faculty to reiterate my interest but wanted a date in mind of when I should probably give up.

Friday, March 27 through Saturday, March 28 -- RSVP by Monday, March 9

1 hour ago, qwertyuiopasdfghjk said:

Me neither, I had an interview two weeks ago, but I just found there is a post showing Vanderbilt has sent offers?

Yea I saw that as well. But the post said email to check the portal. I thought it will be like either the POI or Emily Ritter will write to accepted people first and then wait for another week to get formal decision.  

27 minutes ago, needanoffersobad said:

Yea I saw that as well. But the post said email to check the portal. I thought it will be like either the POI or Emily Ritter will write to accepted people first and then wait for another week to get formal decision.  

That's also what I thought as DGS said in the email on Jan 14 that either she or other faculty members would contact accepted people. I just feel it is wired...

So I know that some people have been writing to their schools they want to go to (at least so it seems here and on the results section) and asking about waitlisting, timelines, etc. And I was just wondering what the group's opinions are on trying to make your case to either a waitlist school (by ex: saying you would accept immediately if they offered it), or to a school you haven't been accepted to yet.

I've been going back and forth on it myself. It seems like it could be both harmful and beneficial depending on how you framed it. But I was just curious if any of you have done that and if you've gotten a generally positive or negative response from it? I'm dying here haha - I need to do something otherwise I'll go mad. 

4 minutes ago, GabriellaG said:

And I was just wondering what the group's opinions are on trying to make your case to either a waitlist school (by ex: saying you would accept immediately if they offered it)

This is 100% appropriate. You’re more likely to hear a positive response if you tell them they are your top choice. For waitlists I’d say that contacting the DGS a few times (maybe once a month or so) to just check in is appropriate.

But I’d also try and figure out when events are and contact after. For example, a lot of programs judge a students level of interest by their attendance at a recruitment event. Similarly a lot of students decide if they’ll attend a school after a recruitment event. So if you can figure out when the event is for your waitlisted school then It may work better if you email them a week after the event ends.