Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

Just now, plex091 said:

Same!! I haven't heard anything yet either. Also, school or clinical?

Clinical, you? I'm so nervous... I applied over a month ago. Do you know much about the application process after submitting? To be honest, this isn't my top choice, but still curious :)

13 minutes ago, nmoyers97 said:

Clinical, you? I'm so nervous... I applied over a month ago. Do you know much about the application process after submitting? To be honest, this isn't my top choice, but still curious :)

Double same. I have no clue, sorry. This is my first year applying, and it is my top choice. I keep checking my status every hour lol

38 minutes ago, plex091 said:

Double same. I have no clue, sorry. This is my first year applying, and it is my top choice. I keep checking my status every hour lol

It’s my top choice too! (Clinical PsyD). It has about a 10% acceptance rate, historically, so I fear how low it will be this year. Their interviews are Feb 15 for clinical, so I feel like they will send invites this coming week!

2 minutes ago, Psy-aye-aye said:

It’s my top choice too! (Clinical PsyD). It has about a 10% acceptance rate, historically, so I fear how low it will be this year. Their interviews are Feb 15 for clinical, so I feel like they will send invites this coming week!

This is my second year applying to Rutgers clinical PsyD, and I got a rejection email last time on February 19th. I also just want to say that if you get rejected and are offered to interview for the MAP program... Don't do it...

Just now, Desperate13 said:

This is my second year applying to Rutgers clinical PsyD, and I got a rejection email last time on February 19th. I also just want to say that if you get rejected and are offered to interview for the MAP program... Don't do it...

Thanks for the insight. What is the MAP program exactly?

33 minutes ago, plex091 said:

Agreed. Honestly, I know this sounds odd; but only Rutgers PsyD. How about yourself?

I applied to a few schools, Rutgers being the only PsyD. Columbia SSW + Clinical Psych, NYU psych, Fordham, U of MN, Tulane, American, Wake! Only have heard from one, Tulane. 

Just now, plex091 said:

Thanks for the insight. What is the MAP program exactly?

Masters of Applied Psychology. No licensure afterwards, so not a good option if you want that. An okay opportunity if you want research, but only if your interests align well. However, if you want to do ABA, I think it's a good option from what I have heard.

5 minutes ago, Desperate13 said:

Thank you for the info! That's weird that they didn't send a rejection until after they conducted interviews, I thought that's more of a PhD thing than a PsyD thing. Do you know about the timeline for when they send interview invites?

Just now, Desperate13 said:

Masters of Applied Psychology. No licensure afterwards, so not a good option if you want that. An okay opportunity if you want research, but only if your interests align well. However, if you want to do ABA, I think it's a good option from what I have heard.

I was a Registered Behavior Technician (ABA therapist) for a year and a half, and while I really enjoyed it and think it is mostly beneficial for kids, there is huge controversy over ABA within the autistic adult community. It's definitely worth looking into before pursuing a masters in it!

9 minutes ago, Desperate13 said:

Wow, thanks for that. Definitely not my area of future interests.

On 1/11/2021 at 11:50 AM, psychcoffeegal said:

Anyone else who has primarily applied to East Coast schools and haven't heard a word yet? My anxiety has been so worse lately. Praying for all of us!!

Me! Have you heard anything yet, almost a week later? Dying. 

12 hours ago, PsychMomOf2 said:

Like many of you here, I'm also feeling frustrated not hearing from any of the schools I applied to, although I am assuming Temple and Drexel is out for me since I've seen interview invites for my POI at Drexel have gone out and I didn't receive one and for Temple, their website states all interview invitations have been sent out. Has anyone applied to Rowan and heard from them for an official interview invite?

For those students who do have an MA what are your plans if you don't get into a program this year?

Hi, 

I also applied to Drexel- have not heard anything from POI. Was my top choice, but I am sure there's more than their typical 600 applications. 

My POI from Rowan had emailed me a few days ago responding to my initial email saying that applications are now under review. I am assuming nothing has been sent out yet, but would expect people receiving invitations starting next week. 

Really hoping for good news!

18 minutes ago, Psy-aye-aye said:

Thank you for the info! That's weird that they didn't send a rejection until after they conducted interviews, I thought that's more of a PhD thing than a PsyD thing. Do you know about the timeline for when they send interview invites?

I don't, sorry! I will update everyone if I do get any insider info, though! I would assume the last week of January or maybe even next week since interviews are the 15th.

1 hour ago, ResilientQueen said:

I think next week will be a major week to hear back from schools. Praying that all of us get good news, especially for those of us who have been suffering through the radio silence ???

Along these lines, wondering whether y’all think there’ll be more interviews going out to a second batch of candidates this year (like... late invites or invites after the formal interview weekend) since it sounds like people generally applied to more school with reduced application and travel costs this year, so top candidates likely have a bunch of invites and can only end up at one school.

1 hour ago, Kylar said:

Along these lines, wondering whether y’all think there’ll be more interviews going out to a second batch of candidates this year (like... late invites or invites after the formal interview weekend) since it sounds like people generally applied to more school with reduced application and travel costs this year, so top candidates likely have a bunch of invites and can only end up at one school.

I suspect this has happened (more #of applicants AND more schools per applicant), but I think this will change things by way of 1.) a faster moving waitlist, and possibly 2.) a second round of interviews

Edited by higaisha

Has anyone heard from West Virginia Univ.? I've seen a couple posts on the admission results page... but only a handful and they were quite sporadic.. Since their interview days are the end of this week (I think?!) I'm assuming rejection but wondered if anyone else has heard anything since i've not seen anything on this page so far?

11 hours ago, higaisha said:

I suspect this has happened (more #of applicants AND more schools per applicant), but I think this will change things by way of 1.) a faster moving waitlist, and possibly 2.) a second round of interviews

12 hours ago, Kylar said:

technically, applicants aren't required to respond until April 15th...so I'm not sure how it will work with that date. Hmm:(