Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

39 minutes ago, EileanDonan said:

I've noticed people trolling on the results page, but are they really doing that here in the threads too? That takes some dedication.

I wonder what goes through those individuals minds where they feel the need to post fake results? I'm thinking they either couldn't get into grad school themselves, or they enjoy being miserable humans by upsetting others. Either way, I feel sorry for them.

I'm not applying to PhD programs, but want to remind everyone to stay focused and hold on a bit longer. Just because you don't receive the news you may be expecting, that doesn't indicate anything about who you are as a person, or your future successes. Furthermore, be gentle with yourself! There are so many factors included in the process. 

To all of those receiving good news in the upcoming days/weeks - congrats! You deserve it, and will be FAB in your upcoming positions and studies :)

2 hours ago, seahorse_671 said:

Along these lines, I had thought that the components of my application were pretty well-balanced and fairly strong, which has led me to wonder a lot lately (after receiving no invites at all this far), which part of my application sunk me? It’s been driving me nuts the past few days and I’d like to know what specifically prevented me from getting in (for my next round of apps). Naturally, I just assumed there was some part of my application that turned off the admissions committee. Now that I’m reading others’ posts though, I’m wondering if there is a possibility that nothing was actually wrong, but it is really just that competitive. Anyone have thoughts about this? Or how we can receive closure about why we were ultimately rejected?

I heard that this year without GRE scores for many programs, the decisions relied heavily on personal statements and letters of recommendation. The following advice came from various faculty on admissions committees in a webinar I attended last year. To have the best possible personal statement you should have several people read it (especially people who have been involved in admissions decisions) and give feedback with many drafts before the final version. Letters of rec should be from someone who you are sure can write you a STRONG recommendation and someone you actually closely worked with that can give details about why they think you are an excellent candidate is WAY better than a big name who will write vaguely about you. Letters of rec should still preferably be written by PhDs. Hope that helps and good luck!

Hi friends! :) 

I noticed that interview results went up on the results forum for Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. For those who posted on the results page, if you happen to see this and are comfortable sharing, would you mind dm'ing me the initials of your PI and whether the email was a mass email or POI email?

Thank you kindly! And huge congrats! :)  

Edited by SP2017

Is there anyone here that applied to Idaho, ISU who didn't submit GRE scores? Was wondering if your application checklist still says "materials needed" because of "awaiting test scores". I'm not sure they've sent out apps yet but that kind of stuff makes me nervous my app never went through to review.

9 hours ago, EileanDonan said:

I've noticed people trolling on the results page, but are they really doing that here in the threads too? That takes some dedication.

Seriously! I can't believe people are that bored. It's obnoxious.

49 minutes ago, Gavindorf said:

Is there anyone here that applied to Idaho, ISU who didn't submit GRE scores? Was wondering if your application checklist still says "materials needed" because of "awaiting test scores". I'm not sure they've sent out apps yet but that kind of stuff makes me nervous my app never went through to review.

I didn’t apply to this specific program, but my application checklist for one of the schools I did apply to has said that the entire time. The application requirements page specifically said there is no need to submit the scores and I still got a confirmation email thanking me for applying, so I would think you are OK! 

Is there an application portal you can check? It would most likely tell you “under review” or “application in progress” depending on if it went through or not. This has been really stressing me out about my app too, so I get it! 

1 hour ago, Gavindorf said:

I applied there, but I submitted my unofficial GRE score report (rather than paying to send it lol). My application just says "submitted" in a little green box at the corner of the application checklist. 

They likely didn't change their portal to reflect not requiring GREs. Your app was probably still forwarded to the department, though! I haven't heard anything from them either. 

30 minutes ago, bridonovan said:

I didn’t apply to this specific program, but my application checklist for one of the schools I did apply to has said that the entire time. The application requirements page specifically said there is no need to submit the scores and I still got a confirmation email thanking me for applying, so I would think you are OK! 

Is there an application portal you can check? It would most likely tell you “under review” or “application in progress” depending on if it went through or not. This has been really stressing me out about my app too, so I get it! 

There isn't from what I know. I spoke with someone from the grad office back in December asking and she said they have to manually tell the system to ignore the lack of scores, or something. I assumed she did that and didn't check again, only now realizing that status hasn't changed so now I'm worried ? 

Has anyone heard from Pittsburgh yet? I saw someone posted in the results thread that they received an official invite. If you're reading this, is there any way that you could share with us here a bit more about that invite and provide PI initials if you are comfortable doing so? Thank you so much, best of luck!

8 minutes ago, PyschMama said:

Is it normal to not have heard anything at all yet? Is no news good news? Freaking out that I still haven't heard ANYTHING. :(

I haven’t heard anything either :( 

I’m hoping this week and next week are big weeks to hear back. I’m currently scheduling my mental breakdowns for every Friday night lol. 

13 minutes ago, PyschMama said:

Is it normal to not have heard anything at all yet? Is no news good news? Freaking out that I still haven't heard ANYTHING. :(

I haven't heard anything either from all three schools I applied to, but I gather Temple is definitely out for me since all interview invites went out and Drexel most likely based off a poster saying all their interview invites went out. 

23 minutes ago, PyschMama said:

No news better be good news because it’s been radio silence on my end, too. ?

19 minutes ago, ResilientQueen said:

I haven’t heard anything either :( 

I’m hoping this week and next week are big weeks to hear back. I’m currently scheduling my mental breakdowns for every Friday night lol. 

I feel ya, which makes it even scarier to think it's almost Friday. I will genuinely be a hot mess by next Friday if it's still radio salience by then :( anyone think about emailing programs? that's probs a big no no?

1 minute ago, Psych1023 said:

Second this! I haven’t heard yet. 

I just heard this morning! They're clearly rolling out (maybe by PI?). Don't worry yet, I started worrying yesterday when all those people posted for that one lab haha.

5 minutes ago, willow_15 said:

I just heard this morning! They're clearly rolling out (maybe by PI?). Don't worry yet, I started worrying yesterday when all those people posted for that one lab haha.

Thank you! Who is your PI- if you don’t mind me asking! So anxious! 

1 hour ago, Sikedout said:

I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about Arizona State University's timeline? i.e. when invites will go out, date of interview day, etc.

According to the website, applicants will be contacted for an interview by the end of January, and interviews are February-March. I can't find anything more specific than that!

1 minute ago, spring2000 said:

According to the website, applicants will be contacted for an interview by the end of January, and interviews are February-March. I can't find anything more specific than that!

Yeah, I saw that, thank you! I just wanted to see if anyone had a more specific timeline, as it's one of my top choices and all the interview dates for these programs tend to overlap. I appreciate your response : )

2 hours ago, Gavindorf said:

I applied to ISU and didn't submit GRE scores. My application says "Materials Needed" as well, but I spoke with the Program Director back in October and was informed not to worry about that! So don't worry :)