2021 Applicants

@semiotic_messNo worries! Thank you for letting me know.

@The Maritime ScholarThank you so so much for the info. It is really helping calm my nerves. I have no naive hopes of getting into most of the programs to which I applied, but at least now I know approximately when I will hear back!

3 minutes ago, mashatheicebear said:

@semiotic_messNo worries! Thank you for letting me know.

@The Maritime ScholarThank you so so much for the info. It is really helping calm my nerves. I have no naive hopes of getting into most of the programs to which I applied, but at least now I know approximately when I will hear back!

You're welcome, @mashatheicebear

1 hour ago, The Maritime Scholar said:

I saw that someone posted an acceptance for the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign on the results page. I went to check my email and nothing. My portal also still says "awaiting." I'm assuming they don't send out all decisions at once. Let's see what happens!

There are a few schools that notify their graduate school fellowship nominees before they notify the rest of their acceptances.

17 hours ago, The Maritime Scholar said:

I saw that someone posted an acceptance for the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign on the results page. I went to check my email and nothing. My portal also still says "awaiting." I'm assuming they don't send out all decisions at once. Let's see what happens!

I too saw the acceptance poster and “awaiting” on my portal. I asked the dgs therefore, and she confirmed that decisions have been made, and I’ve not been accepted.

Hope this isn’t true for everyone who has not been notified yet. Good luck!

Edited by LtotheOG

1 hour ago, LtotheOG said:

I too saw the acceptance poster and “awaiting” on my portal. I asked the dgs therefore, and she confirmed that decisions have been made, and I’ve not been accepted.

Hope this isn’t true for everyone who has not been notified yet. Good luck!

I'm sorry to hear that, @LtotheOG! I guess they put the decisions out one by one. I'm sensing a rejection for me, but let's see what happens. Haha. 

Edited by The Maritime Scholar

On 1/26/2021 at 3:53 AM, The Maritime Scholar said:

I received an email last night from the director of grad admissions at OSU regarding my acceptance and how I was nominated for a Graduate School Fellowship. They also mentioned that they would call me around mid February to discuss the details of the program and to answer any questions I may have. There was also mention about a stipend through a GTAship. It says how the stipend’s final number of appointments is contingent on the availability of funds. Toward the end of the email where it mentions the phone call, it does say that they would discuss with me the fellowship decision and my funding package, so I’m assuming they’re offering me funding. 

Just thought this may be helpful if anyone is wondering about OSU. 

I was wondering if anyone else received an email like this from the director of grad admissions. It seems that I will be receiving funding, but it may not be the max. I'm not sure. I guess these are questions for when he calls me in February. 

Let me know. Thanks!

38 minutes ago, The Maritime Scholar said:

I'm sorry to hear that, @LtotheOG! I guess they put the decisions out one by one. I'm sensing a rejection for me, but let's see what happens. Haha. 

Sure! ?

What really sucks for me is, “..the number of applications we receive each year makes it impossible for us to provide individual feedback.” (dgs)

Just now, LtotheOG said:

Sure! ?

What really sucks for me is, “..the number of applications we receive each year makes it impossible for us to provide individual feedback.” (dgs)

Yeah, that's BS. Haha. But whatever. They could if they really wanted to. DGS just replied to my email. I was rejected. First rejection! Woohoo! ??

Just now, Cloudbury said:

It strikes me that many of the schools I applied to this year are behind on delivering results... Why can't they generate a return as fast as the Gamestop stock? lol 

Haha. I mean, for me, OSU and Illinois were the first two applications due back in the first week of December. So I was already expecting to hear from them early on.

15 minutes ago, Cloudbury said:

It strikes me that many of the schools I applied to this year are behind on delivering results... Why can't they generate a return as fast as the Gamestop stock? lol 

I kinda feel like they are on track, so maybe time’s stretched? Lol.

in any case, I did have an informal acceptance from nyu by this time 2019.

Just now, winterbearr said:

schools would normally only email results till around 6pm right? as in they wouldn't be emailing in the evening during non business hours? asking for a friend lol 

Well, the results page has rarely been updated after 6pm ESTish, so I would believe that!

2 minutes ago, winterbearr said:

schools would normally only email results till around 6pm right? as in they wouldn't be emailing in the evening during non business hours? asking for a friend lol 

I received my acceptance from OSU at like 11:30 at night. However, this was an automatic email from OSU as a whole and not from the English department. That email came a few days later. 

Just now, The Maritime Scholar said:

I received my acceptance from OSU at like 11:30 at night. However, this was an automatic email from OSU as a whole and not from the English department. That email came a few days later. 

But I just checked the English department's email, and it was delivered at 10:30 PM. So who knows...

15 minutes ago, winterbearr said:

Granted, I'm on the east coast, and granted, neither of these are in English...but I got my rejection from Berkeley at 10pm and my acceptance from Michigan at 1am lol!

1 hour ago, winterbearr said:

I find myself unhealthily wishing that gradcafe had a "time notified" slot on the results board! ?

I had convinced myself a couple schools would definitely notify today... alas 

Did anyone who applied to WUSTL and their Spencer T. & Ann W. Olin Fellowship for Women get an email yesterday (Thursday) from the fellowship committee saying that their file is now considered complete? Not sure why I would get this email now after applying at the end of December. Wondering if this is a sign?? ?