2021 Applicants

11 minutes ago, robertsona_grad said:

Seems as if people are hearing back from Berkeley...

Jeez, I'm seeing that as well... nothing on my end... two of them that submitted results were acceptances so

18 minutes ago, Kapol-in said:

Jeez, I'm seeing that as well... nothing on my end... two of them that submitted results were acceptances so

Yup, I still haven't heard anything either. There's four acceptances up on the results page now. It's fine. I'm fine. EVERYTHING IS FINE. 

Congrats to those who got in!

Just now, Kapol-in said:

Full Doomer is coming out in me right now... Hopefully Berkeley will also release rejections today so the anguish can stop

I agree, put us out of our misery and give us a swift death. 

Does anyone else feel like a jealous sibling when you see results from a school you applied to, but in a different department, like "Mooooommm, why did Political Science get to have their funding in order and release results first!?!! No fair! ?" I know it is very immature, but I am going through a roller coaster of emotions right now...

On 2/1/2021 at 6:32 PM, Kapol-in said:

I have so many "projected" acceptance dates due today, but so far all of them have been wrong... Arghghhg

My genius strategy:

Sets projected decision dates so I don’t worry until then -->
Worry anyways -->Worry even more when the projected dates pass and I haven’t heard anything 

Has anyone heard anything from Vanderbilt? I saw one acceptance and one waitlist on the results page a few days ago and I'm trying to decide if I should worry or not since I haven't heard from them yet. (And by that I mean, I will continue to worry regardless.) 

For anyone looking for a distraction, I just found out about https://www.geoguessr.com/ and I am OBSESSED. Basically it is a game where you are dropped somewhere randomly on google maps (you can choose the U.S, the world, famous landmarks, etc.) and you have to try and guess where you are. The free version only lets you play 1 game per day, but it is 5 rounds and that can eat up an hour easily. Shows or videos only distract me for so long since they are passive and I am not much of a gamer (and I unfortunately have reading fatigue from school), so this has been perfect for me and has helped keep me from refreshing my email every 5 minutes which has lowered my stress level. I am so thrilled about finding something that has calmed my nerves that I had to share (and I'm posting this in 2 groups, so sorry if you see this post twice!).

I’ve been lurking since... last night. Yea I’m on reddit and check the results here but I’ve never ventured onto the forum before, lol. I missed out. Anyways, I made an account for this:

17 minutes ago, haleydanielle said:

Has anyone heard anything from Vanderbilt? I saw one acceptance and one waitlist on the results page a few days ago and I'm trying to decide if I should worry or not since I haven't heard from them yet. (And by that I mean, I will continue to worry regardless.) 

I haven’t! Unless I get my rejection today, I’m gonna say that was a troll! And here I was thinking English didn’t get trolls (as if i’ve never been in a creative writing course, lol).

2 minutes ago, sadevilminion said:

I’ve been lurking since... last night. Yea I’m on reddit and check the results here but I’ve never ventured onto the forum before, lol. I missed out. Anyways, I made an account for this:

I haven’t! Unless I get my rejection today, I’m gonna say that was a troll! And here I was thinking English didn’t get trolls (as if i’ve never been in a creative writing course, lol).

Lolol I laughed out loud at being in a creative writing course -- a lot of feelings from my undergrad just resurfaced. ? I had no idea there were even such trolls until I saw someone post about it on Reddit. Who knew that was even a thing! I'm going to cautiously assume the best, then! Thanks!! 

14 minutes ago, sadevilminion said:

I’ve been lurking since... last night. Yea I’m on reddit and check the results here but I’ve never ventured onto the forum before, lol. I missed out.

I don't know why I never thought to check out reddit. Would you mind linking any good subreddits?

1 hour ago, haleydanielle said:

I'm the Vandy waitlist post--I did get an email from the DGS on the 1st. I don't know how their notifications go out, though. Some departments might notify differently based on subfields (I'm in queer and poco studies, fyi). 

But I'm in the same boat when it comes to Cornell--I see some posts about phone calls (not their usual notification method) coming earlier than usual. I have an acquaintance in Cornell's program I might reach out to about it. She, for example, got an email mid-Feb last year. To know there are trolls out there is both enraging and a little bit reassuring, though!

Just now, cassidyaxx said:

Well, now that there's an acceptance up for WuSTL, I'll be in a constant state of panic for the next 24 hours. Oh wait, that's every day now no matter what because this process is the *worsttttttt*

I just saw that and had the same dropping sense of dread... I also still hadn't gotten an email confirming my Olin essay/app was completed, so I'm really starting to think it may be a no go for me. 

47 minutes ago, jjmcgu19 said:

I'm the Vandy waitlist post--I did get an email from the DGS on the 1st. I don't know how their notifications go out, though. Some departments might notify differently based on subfields (I'm in queer and poco studies, fyi). 

But I'm in the same boat when it comes to Cornell--I see some posts about phone calls (not their usual notification method) coming earlier than usual. I have an acquaintance in Cornell's program I might reach out to about it. She, for example, got an email mid-Feb last year. To know there are trolls out there is both enraging and a little bit reassuring, though!

Great to know! Thanks and congratulations! I'm hoping this year is just different (which we already know it is) and that perhaps a usual cause for concern is maybe not as reliable. Or maybe I'm still trying to hold onto my small shred of hope stupidly haha

2 minutes ago, haleydanielle said:

I just saw that and had the same dropping sense of dread... I also still hadn't gotten an email confirming my Olin essay/app was completed, so I'm really starting to think it may be a no go for me. 

Well I know the site says they don't finish going through the scholarship apps until March, so perhaps that's why you haven't gotten a confirmation yet? But I'm also thinking it's a no go for me as well. I guess we'll see. Best of luck to you! Maybe we will hear good news today.

Just now, cassidyaxx said:

Well I know the site says they don't finish going through the scholarship apps until March, so perhaps that's why you haven't gotten a confirmation yet? But I'm also thinking it's a no go for me as well. I guess we'll see. Best of luck to you! Maybe we will hear good news today.

You, too! Such a strange process... And to also have to continue life while being completely freaked out. Everything is fiiine ?

5 minutes ago, haleydanielle said:

I'm on the OSU waitlist and their website says that one of my LORs never got uploaded. There were technical errors and he had to email it in, and as far as I know, the letter was sent to the committee. As much as we'd love all the schools to update everything as soon as it happens, I think that it doesn't always go back and get updated. 

So don't base too much stress on it!

Just now, kirbs005 said:

I'm on the OSU waitlist and their website says that one of my LORs never got uploaded. There were technical errors and he had to email it in, and as far as I know, the letter was sent to the committee. As much as we'd love all the schools to update everything as soon as it happens, I think that it doesn't always go back and get updated. 

So don't base too much stress on it!

Oh gosh! That's good to know and definitely eases my mind a bit. Thank you!