2021 Applicants

11 minutes ago, wildsurmise said:

Argh sorry about all this admissions crypticness-- I'll just paste the bulk of the UW email here for the sake of transparency, I'm not sure about state resident status:

"I am pleased to let you know that your application has been advanced for consideration into the second round of our review process. The applications included in the second round of review represent just under 15% of our total applications for admission to the Literature and Culture track, so this is a significant achievement, although it is important to note that we have not yet selected our finalists and this letter does not constitute an offer of admission. We expect to communicate final decisions on or around February 18th.  In the meantime, as we continue with our ongoing review of applications, we need to ask that you please submit to the UW Human Resources department as soon as possible and no later than February 4, 2021, the form explained below.

The University of Washington is committed to ensuring a safe environment for all members of the UW community. As a part of that commitment, and in recognition of Washington state law, candidates for employment are required to complete a sexual misconduct declaration (see attachment). This includes prospective graduate students who might be offered employment-based funding with admission.

To ensure continued consideration for student employment, please complete the sexual misconduct declaration as soon as possible. Make sure you complete all sections and attach your electronic signature." 

Thank you so much for sharing this. Did anyone who applied for the Language & Rhetoric track get a similar email?

Edited by Cordelipup

Just now, ghost-enthusiast said:

Okay not that I thought I would ever get into Yale, but seeing on the results page that they're only going to be admitting THREE STUDENTS makes even the EXISTENCE of that dream feel silly. Ugh, wishing everyone as restful a weekend as possible rn! I am going to order several pastries as a treat!! 

SAME. Terrible. I'm dying rn, instead of pastries I'll be eating my weight in sushi. Good luck!!!

Just now, A Small Raven said:

Also doesn't help that my admissions kicked off with two rejections and a waitlist that I probably won't get off of. SOS guys

YUP. Same here. Jeez. Please don't feel alone in losing it! I def am

Did anyone else not get any sort of email or anything from WUSTL? I checked the portal and it still just says “submitted.” Confused, but assuming it’s just a glitch and I’ll get the rejection email/status update in the next few days? 

anyone heard anything from Vanderbilt? I haven't heard anything from any schools I've applied to yet and this cycle of checking results, forum, and portals is a waking nightmare. Still holding on hope to CMU even though they also only admit 3 a year (looking at you, Yale) bc of recommendations from a past faculty member. In the meantime I will continue rewatching Pose and redownloading the Sims 4.

Just now, maddykrob said:

anyone heard anything from Vanderbilt? I haven't heard anything from any schools I've applied to yet and this cycle of checking results, forum, and portals is a waking nightmare. Still holding on hope to CMU even though they also only admit 3 a year (looking at you, Yale) bc of recommendations from a past faculty member. In the meantime I will continue rewatching Pose and redownloading the Sims 4.

i didn't even apply to Duke and just got an email from Duke Energy, my electricity provider, and almost had a heart attack. this season sure is different huh

On 2/5/2021 at 5:18 PM, R Westy said:

Did anyone else not get any sort of email or anything from WashU? I checked the portal and it still just says “submitted.” Confused, but assuming it’s just a glitch and I’ll get the rejection email/status update in the next few days? 

I didn't either. I'm assuming either rejection later on or potentially we're waitlisted? Not sure.

Did anyone else not get any sort of email or anything from WashU? I checked the portal and it still just says “submitted.” Confused, but assuming it’s just a glitch and I’ll get the rejection email/status update in the next few days? 

I haven't received anything either. I'm pretty sure it's an implied rejection (?)

I think there's a fair chance y'all or some of you are waitlisted-- no one's posted any of those this cycle and there have been WUSTL waitlistees in years past. My waitlist email from BC came a couple days after the acceptances and rejections were posted.

If anyone knows anything about Duke...I'm wondering if all acceptances have been sent already, given that only three people have posted and only one appears to have been waitlisted. Though I've braced myself to expect a rejection letter from them any day now, I'm still hoping! 

22 minutes ago, maddykrob said:

Okay. So, this is oversharing, but I had one of my sims marry 3 other sims and then I tried to do the 100 baby challenge with one woman and I kept giving the kids old school Puritan names like Pentecost and Chastity but they kept getting taken by CPS because even WITH the nannies and three moms, they couldn't keep up. Pentecost was taken away before I could get to her during feeding hour.

I live in East Asia, and mind you, each day starts with finding one more rejection in my bed. Which makes it five rejections in total thus far. I mean, five. Although the horror of being (that is, having been) shut out sometimes gets eclipsed by many other things to relentlessly and obsessively worry about my life at this point, but still this barrage of rejections is not very uplifting. 

6 hours ago, schlum said:

I live in East Asia, and mind you, each day starts with finding one more rejection in my bed. Which makes it five rejections in total thus far. I mean, five. Although the horror of being (that is, having been) shut out sometimes gets eclipsed by many other things to relentlessly and obsessively worry about my life at this point, but still this barrage of rejections is not very uplifting. 

Same (I have one official rejection and three implied). This has contributed to my insomnia, too. I sleep at 4 or 5 am here, just waiting, WAITING for good news, only to be greeted by acceptances not mine on the Lil Uzi Vert page. I swear to my cat, if I get one acceptance letter this cycle, I'll have that implanted.

3 hours ago, jujubee said:

Same (I have one official rejection and three implied). This has contributed to my insomnia, too. I sleep at 4 or 5 am here, just waiting, WAITING for good news, only to be greeted by acceptances not mine on the Lil Uzi Vert page. I swear to my cat, if I get one acceptance letter this cycle, I'll have that implanted.

I feel this on a spiritual level. I'm also in East Asia and because of the time difference, I stay up until 5am everyday to refresh my mailbox every 5 seconds, only to find nothing in spam. Yesterday I totally messed up my sleep schedule and slept at 9am. Now I'm sleep deprived, on the verge of becoming insane and having a heart attack. 

41 minutes ago, Magic Lantern said:

I feel this on a spiritual level. I'm also in East Asia and because of the time difference, I stay up until 5am everyday to refresh my mailbox every 5 seconds, only to find nothing in spam. Yesterday I totally messed up my sleep schedule and slept at 9am. Now I'm sleep deprived, on the verge of becoming insane and having a heart attack. 

Hang in there, hon. I should be following my own advice but it helps to turn off the wifi for a few hours and read a book or go out to get some sun. It's a weekend. I don't think we'll be getting any notifications from schools today or tomorrow. And I can only binge-watch as much RPDR and K-dramas before spiraling back into Gradcafe and thinking worst-case scenarios. I'm there with you!