2021 Clinical Psychology Applicants CANADA

8 minutes ago, CateFace said:

Sure, this is the one I found. I’m sure there are more too

So unfortunate and upsetting... I wish there were more spots in these programs! 

This is my THIRD year applying and I'm really hoping this is my year. I was able to acquire more great research and clinical experiences and got a publication as well. My GRE scores were awful too so I'm happy about them not being looked at. But if there is this much of a significant increase in # of applicants, will that all really matter...? Thankfully I also have applied to MSW programs and an experimental psych program because this year will definitely be my last time applying!

I'm already attached to the study team I want to work with as a volunteer RA position, so I'll plan to really immerse myself into it and get as many hours and involved as I can and reapply next year. It could be a blessing in disguise in that I'd have the freedom to work on any project that interested me and cast my net wide. Really it could be a freeing year. 

Like I said, the swings are just wild right now between potential and preemptive devastation and total acceptance.

Just now, CateFace said:

I'm already attached to the study team I want to work with as a volunteer RA position, so I'll plan to really immerse myself into it and get as many hours and involved as I can and reapply next year. It could be a blessing in disguise in that I'd have the freedom to work on any project that interested me and cast my net wide. Really it could be a freeing year. 

Like I said, the swings are just wild right now between potential and preemptive devastation and total acceptance.

Thats what I'm tempted to do, I just have to figure out what to do about money for a year lol

17 hours ago, xtrahotlatte said:

So unfortunate and upsetting... I wish there were more spots in these programs! 

This is my THIRD year applying and I'm really hoping this is my year. I was able to acquire more great research and clinical experiences and got a publication as well. My GRE scores were awful too so I'm happy about them not being looked at. But if there is this much of a significant increase in # of applicants, will that all really matter...? Thankfully I also have applied to MSW programs and an experimental psych program because this year will definitely be my last time applying!

Aw I'm sorry to hear that, where did you apply?

yeah honestly i know with COVID a lot of people were saying how it might be better to invest in education rn more than ever instead of working so it doesnt shock me that there's even more competition than usual. just makes me scared bc i already feel like my application isnt that good and then seeing that much competition just makes me so nervous! i applied to 12 schools in total (canada/usa mixed) and now im just preparing myself for 12 rejection letters :(  

On 12/3/2020 at 11:11 PM, Wanderingmind said:

For those planning on re-applying next year if you dont get in this year, any thoughts on how you may spend the year?

don't be discouraged, I think the fact that GREs were not required already increased the number of applicants, we just have to wait I guess.....

Just now, Wanderingmind said:

I thought the Sask program wasn't accepting applicants this year?

Not applying to clinical, just applying to social psych there because that's the province I live in. Hoping to apply to clinical there next year though if this year doesn't work out

Does anyone know if OGS applications require separate references from the actual application to the program? Like if my reference already submitted reference letters to Waterloo, would they have to submit new references for my OGS application? 

7 hours ago, Wanderingmind said:

Does anyone know if OGS applications require separate references from the actual application to the program? Like if my reference already submitted reference letters to Waterloo, would they have to submit new references for my OGS application? 

It depends on the school. Some will use your admission application ref letters (Queen's) and others ask you to submit additional reference letters (Windsor). IDK about Waterloo but I'd write to the funding department to ask.

12 hours ago, PrettyFlyForACogSci said:

It depends on the school. Some will use your admission application ref letters (Queen's) and others ask you to submit additional reference letters (Windsor). IDK about Waterloo but I'd write to the funding department to ask.

Thanks! Do you happen to know about Western or Guelph? :) 

On 12/7/2020 at 10:22 PM, Wanderingmind said:

Thanks! Do you happen to know about Western or Guelph? :) 

western wants separate refs -.-

Edited by higaisha