2021 Clinical Psychology Applicants CANADA

For those of you applying or who have applied to U of C, do you know whether the font size of your references matters for the research proposal? Mine is size 11, and if I make it 12 all my references don't fit so I'm wondering if I need to remove a reference if it needs to be size 12 font. Thanks!

33 minutes ago, Jpsych_ said:

The uoft OGS deadline is May 3rd according to this link:

https://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/psych/graduate-funding-and-awards

im wondering if it’s even worth it to apply now. Or should I wait until next year to see if I get interviewed?

i think its better to apply as soon as you can, that way if u do get the chance to interview, you can talk about how you applied for OGS back in december. thats kind of the mindset im going in w as well! im applying to a lot of the grants at the schools im applying to so they can see that and i can talk about it in interviews, if im given the chance!

1 minute ago, prospectivegradstudent21 said:

i think its better to apply as soon as you can, that way if u do get the chance to interview, you can talk about how you applied for OGS back in december. thats kind of the mindset im going in w as well! im applying to a lot of the grants at the schools im applying to so they can see that and i can talk about it in interviews, if im given the chance!

Thank you!

3 hours ago, Edge98 said:

For those of you applying or who have applied to U of C, do you know whether the font size of your references matters for the research proposal? Mine is size 11, and if I make it 12 all my references don't fit so I'm wondering if I need to remove a reference if it needs to be size 12 font. Thanks!

Hi, maybe try adjusting your margins instead of changing the font?

5 hours ago, alittlestitious said:

On the CCCV, under "participation activities" there's a section called event participation - what kinds of things should go here? Should I include conferences I attended even if I didn't present anything, or training workshops (e.g. qualitative analysis workshop, research management workshops, etc)? 

I didn't write anything for that, because it wants you to include services contributed in taking part in an event. I would only include times where I volunteered at a conference or something 

1 minute ago, broski said:

I didn't write anything for that, because it wants you to include services contributed in taking part in an event. I would only include times where I volunteered at a conference or something 

I agree with this! I've been told not to put those things if you only attended

3 minutes ago, Wanderingmind said:

Does anyone know what faculty the clinical psyc program is in for UVic, York, and Calgary? I put Faculty of Graduate Studies, but I'm not sure if this is right

UCalgary is Faculty of Arts 

6 hours ago, Edge98 said:

I made my font a size 11 to fit the proposal on one page - but I converted it to a PDF to upload so I'm not sure they'd be able to tell the difference between an 11 and a 12 when viewing it. I'd go with whatever makes your documents fit in the allocated space. 

3 hours ago, katgoheen said:

It's December 1st finally! Just wishing everyone the best of luck! Applications have been a stressful time and I hope you all take time to celebrate being finished this stage of the process :)

What an excellent post! I agree, the work is done and now we can all at least know we've done everything we can for this intake. The application process was enormous, I am so grateful to be finished. I will clearly obsessively refresh the portal about 10+ times a day (knowing that it will never tell me information and that logically this habit makes zero sense!)

5 minutes ago, CateFace said:

What an excellent post! I agree, the work is done and now we can all at least know we've done everything we can for this intake. The application process was enormous, I am so grateful to be finished. I will clearly obsessively refresh the portal about 10+ times a day (knowing that it will never tell me information and that logically this habit makes zero sense!)

Do school's email you when a decision is made (e.g. interview invite) or do you only see this through the portal? Just wondering if I should be obsessively checking as well haha