2021 Clinical Psychology Applicants CANADA

For anybody that applied to UCalgary, did you get or not get confirmation emails when your references submitted their letters? One of my referees told me that she submitted her letter, but I didn't get any confirmation email about. This is because last time I applied, I got confirmation emails when letters were submitted. 

48 minutes ago, Ozark said:

For anybody that applied to UCalgary, did you get or not get confirmation emails when your references submitted their letters? One of my referees told me that she submitted her letter, but I didn't get any confirmation email about. This is because last time I applied, I got confirmation emails when letters were submitted. 

I received a confirmation email. Also sign into the the portal to see if they submitted

Hi everyone! Hope everything is going well as deadlines loom closer.

I was wondering if it is common to include references (as footnotes) in statements of interest? I have not because I have referred to potential supervisors' research more generally, but wondering if I should add some in.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, janelove said:

Hi everyone! Hope everything is going well as deadlines loom closer.

I was wondering if it is common to include references (as footnotes) in statements of interest? I have not because I have referred to potential supervisors' research more generally, but wondering if I should add some in.

Thanks!

I did not include footnotes, and I do not think that including footnotes is common.

5 hours ago, clinical_psyc_hopeful said:

I received a confirmation email. Also sign into the the portal to see if they submitted

That's strange! I will have to email the department to get some answers before I asking my referee about it. Thank you

Hi, I have 2 quick questions and would appreciate any help!

1. For anyone who has started/completed their application to York: when I input my education history it asks me "Did you graduate?" - do I answer yes or no to this? I'm currently in the process of completing my degree and expect to graduate in May. If I put "No", does that imply that I didn't complete my degree?

2. For anyone applying to McGill, do you know if they accept official transcripts sent digitally directly from the academic institution? I requested a physical copy of my transcript so I could scan and upload it, but it hasn't arrived yet and i'm honestly not sure when it will due to mail delays (so I'm stressed given the upcoming application deadline). UBC said they would accept transcripts this way but I couldn't find any information on McGill's website about this

Hey everyone! I am a little worried about my McMaster application and was wondering if anyone could offer some advice. I applied through a new email account and it says that my application has been submitted; however, I have not received instructions on accessing the account to monitor the status of my application, and my referees have also not received their reference links. Is anyone facing a similar issue? 

10 hours ago, okayidk said:

Hi, I have 2 quick questions and would appreciate any help!

1. For anyone who has started/completed their application to York: when I input my education history it asks me "Did you graduate?" - do I answer yes or no to this? I'm currently in the process of completing my degree and expect to graduate in May. If I put "No", does that imply that I didn't complete my degree?

2. For anyone applying to McGill, do you know if they accept official transcripts sent digitally directly from the academic institution? I requested a physical copy of my transcript so I could scan and upload it, but it hasn't arrived yet and i'm honestly not sure when it will due to mail delays (so I'm stressed given the upcoming application deadline). UBC said they would accept transcripts this way but I couldn't find any information on McGill's website about this

Unofficial transcripts are fine for McGill counselling app, not sure for clinical. I would contact the grad coordinator as I know lots of programs are more lenient about official transcripts this year due to covid and mail delays, as you said. 

I didn't apply to York but I would just say not complete if I were you. Lots of people apply to grad school while in the last year of their undergrad, schools know this and just want to see that you'll graduate in time (they can see on the transcript) 

Is anyone else's references having trouble with the CGS application portal? 

My reference setup her profile according to the instructions in the email but she can't access any place to add a reference for me... anyone else having similar issues? 

12 minutes ago, egyptianintoronto said:

Did anyone receive a confirmation email for their application to McMaster? I have not gotten an email and I am wondering if this is normal?

I did get an email with instructions the day I applied on how to activate my MACID to manage my submitted application.

Did you submit on a weekend? In the email it says that if you did, then it may take more time than usual.

Just now, Psych1313 said:

I did get an email with instructions the day I applied on how to activate my MACID to manage my submitted application.

Did you submit on a weekend? In the email it says that if you did, then it may take more time than usual.

I have not received an email, but on the application portal it says my application is submitted. I submitted it yesterday at 4 PM. When did you submit your application? Was it recent? I am wondering if they are overloaded right now so it's taking time...? 

455163180_ScreenShot2020-11-27at2_08_27PM.png.55abc9e2c343ceb34b0ab2ced468c8d1.png

1 minute ago, egyptianintoronto said:

I have not received an email, but on the application portal it says my application is submitted. I submitted it yesterday at 4 PM. When did you submit your application? Was it recent? I am wondering if they are overloaded right now so it's taking time...? 

455163180_ScreenShot2020-11-27at2_08_27PM.png.55abc9e2c343ceb34b0ab2ced468c8d1.png

It might just be taking more time than usual. I applied on Monday!

Hi! For anyone who applied to McMaster/contacted POIs - would it be possible for you to send me the first letter of the last name for POIs who said they aren't accepting students? I think i got my wires crossed about something and would appreciate any help!

Edited by okayidk

For anyone applying to UCalgary: Are you writing a proposal specifically geared towards your desired PI? I wanted to revise my CGS-M proposal and upload that, but I am leaning towards writing a new, more specific one. Even though my CGS-M proposal relates to my desired field of research, it's more social than my PI's research. What is everyone else doing?

Just now, LMoll said:

For anyone applying to UCalgary: Are you writing a proposal specifically geared towards your desired PI? I wanted to revise my CGS-M proposal and upload that, but I am leaning towards writing a new, more specific one. Even though my CGS-M proposal relates to my desired field of research, it's more social than my PI's research. What is everyone else doing?

I'm using my CGS-M proposal, maybe revising just slightly. I don't think I have it in me to write another one, haha! But I did gear my proposal to be in line with the supervisor I want to work with at UCalgary. 

49 minutes ago, LMoll said:

You can modify your CGS-M if it can align with the professor you'd like to work with. But your overall proposal should be in line with their work and what you want to do during your graduate studies.