Canadian MSW Applicants 2021

19 minutes ago, fingers_crossed_2021 said:

it's for the 2-year program actually. I still cannot believe it

well... guess I'm done with the waiting game, good luck to everyone else! :) 

can you post a screenshot of what this looks like? congrats

Just now, MSW2B said:

cool! what is a study permit application?

Oh, that's because I'm on study Visa so I need to renew my study permit if I want to attend this program

almost forgot I need to renew my Visa ... guess that's another thing quarantine did to my brain 

Just now, fingers_crossed_2021 said:

Oh, that's because I'm on study Visa so I need to renew my study permit if I want to attend this program

almost forgot I need to renew my Visa ... guess that's another thing quarantine did to my brain 

Nice! Maybe they gave you your acceptance this early to give you enough time to do so.

very exciting!

I just got admitted to U of T this morning! 2 years program! They notified by email saying that a decision has been made. I had to log in and download a document to find out. Best of luck to those who are still waiting! Let me know if you have any questions.

1 minute ago, pchitnuc said:

I just got admitted to U of T this morning! 2 years program! They notified by email saying that a decision has been made. I had to log in and download a document to find out. Best of luck to those who are still waiting! Let me know if you have any questions.

Are you an international student? Just wondering if they give out those acceptances first.

57 minutes ago, pchitnuc said:

Congrats!! Did your ACORN change as well? 

24 minutes ago, Jenn.t said:

Congrats to those who got accepted already! I'm wondering if anyone applying to Dal heard anything yet? I heard they start sending acceptances pretty early

not yet :( and there is no way to check online, so we have to wait for snail mail. however when I got into their BSW program, they sent an email (but it was a while after I had gotten the letter).

good luck!

Congrats to those who got accepted for the two-year MSW at UofT!! I did not expect acceptances to go out this early. I'm a domestic applicant and haven't heard anything yet. Is it common practice for UofT to send acceptances to international students earlier? I wonder if this has anything to do with the pandemic. Nonetheless, I hope more of us hear back sooner!

Edited by MSW29

3 hours ago, aspiring-academic said:

not yet :( and there is no way to check online, so we have to wait for snail mail. however when I got into their BSW program, they sent an email (but it was a while after I had gotten the letter).

good luck!

I am at work right now and my mom just called me to tell me I received a letter from Dalhousie today! Nervous to see what it says 

12 minutes ago, JMW89 said:

Got recommendation for acceptance to Dal today :) 

Congrats! :) 
If you don't mind me asking- when did you submit your application & what province are you in? I wonder if when you submitted your application and how far you are from NS dictates how early you get the acceptance. I'm in Alberta