Canadian MSW Applicants 2021

Hi @tjo

I would advise you to email the programs you applied for this question. I had the same question and I emailed each one. Im not too sure where you applied but UofT said for me to email them an update transcript and UWaterloo told me that they'll ask for the updated transcript if I get an acceptance. Hope this helps!

3 hours ago, tjo said:

Hi Folks. I hope everyone is having a balanced new year... I am wondering if someone knows whether applicants are required to send in an updated version of our transcripts? As applications were due before we completed our fall semester. (Some context: I applied for MSW Advanced for Fall 2021).

Sorry I'm replying to this a second time. Im still getting the hang of how these forums work haha. I would advise you to email the programs you applied for this question. I had the same question and I emailed each one. Im not too sure where you applied but UofT said for me to email them an update transcript and UWaterloo told me that they'll ask for the updated transcript if I get an acceptance. Hope this helps!

So after a wonderful suggestion from Jen (I can't figure out how to reply to a comment here ?) to email the schools and ask about sending an updated transcript, Darlene from McMaster shared that in the event one gets an offer of admission a new transcript will be required AND they also shared that OFFERS ARE GOING OUT IN THE NEXT WEEK OR TWO! Fingers crossed to all that applied!!!! ?

On 2/3/2021 at 11:04 AM, MacaroniGirl said:

Hi Everybody! 

I just wanted to provide an update to those awaiting responses from the University of Calgary 2-year program. I emailed someone from the admissions team to see how things are going and when applicants should expect to hear back and this is what they replied on February 2, 2021: “We are starting to send admission decisions right now. We anticipate that all applicants will be notified by email by the end of February.”

Exciting stuff! Please post if you have heard anything :)

Just got accepted to Calgary today :) best of luck!

37 minutes ago, pchitnuc said:

Just got accepted to Calgary today :) best of luck!

Thats amazing! Congrats :)

9 minutes ago, Donut_MSW2021 said:

Congratulations! :) Did you apply for the clinical specialization too? Still no news for me. 

Same here, no news.

16 minutes ago, Donut_MSW2021 said:

Congratulations! :) Did you apply for the clinical specialization too? Still no news for me. 

Thank you! I applied for Clinical Social Work program, specialization area: Adult Mental Health and Addictions.

Edited by pchitnuc

11 hours ago, cathySW said:

I was wondering to anyone to applied to Carleton, MSW Advanced Standing, what is your status currently? 

I applied to Carleton MSW 2-year, and my status is still "preliminary review required."

What's the status for others who applied to Carleton? 

11 minutes ago, fingers_crossed_2021 said:

I applied to Carleton MSW 2-year, and my status is still "preliminary review required."

click the link under that says CARLETON CENTRAL GRADUATE ADMISSIONS

your status may be different there

9 minutes ago, fingers_crossed_2021 said:

Hi! I am also a 2-year MSW applicant at Carleton, my application has said "Recommended for Assessment" for about a month now. I wouldn't let your status discourage you. I applied in mid-November so this might be why things have moved a long. 

10 hours ago, MSW2B said:

click the link under that says CARLETON CENTRAL GRADUATE ADMISSIONS

your status may be different there

OMG thanks so much for the info. I checked the link and it's saying "recommended for assessment," phew I was so worried about what happened to my application lmao

34 minutes ago, coffeegirl20 said:

Does anyone know how many people get accepted into the MSW 2 year program at UofT? I'm sure they get a lot of applicants, but it would be nice to know what the odds are! The waiting game is torture ?

I was rejected two years ago and the letter stated they had 130 spots for over 700 applicants. I received the decision in early April.

Hope the odds are in your favour this year!

11 hours ago, aspiring-academic said:

I was rejected two years ago and the letter stated they had 130 spots for over 700 applicants. I received the decision in early April.

Hope the odds are in your favour this year!

I heard the two year program takes 1 in 11 applicants and the one year takes 1 in 3 applicants.

emmmmm Hi everyone

I got an email from uoft and they told me that decision has been made, I checked my sgs site and the decision document says "letters of acceptance"

does this mean I am accepted??????? I was not expecting to hear anything from uoft until Apr so I'm literally in shock and confusion rn

did anyone heard anything from uoft as well? 

28 minutes ago, fingers_crossed_2021 said:

emmmmm Hi everyone

I got an email from uoft and they told me that decision has been made, I checked my sgs site and the decision document says "letters of acceptance"

does this mean I am accepted??????? I was not expecting to hear anything from uoft until Apr so I'm literally in shock and confusion rn

that's amazing, congratulations!!!! ??? was this for advanced standing? and what stream did you apply to?

it does seem a bit early but "letter of acceptance" is pretty straight forward!

Edited by aspiring-academic
additional question

1 minute ago, aspiring-academic said:

that's amazing, congratulations!!!! ??? was this for advanced standing? 

it does seem a bit early but "letter of acceptance" is pretty straight forward!

it's for the 2-year program actually. I still cannot believe it

well... guess I'm done with the waiting game, good luck to everyone else! :) 

37 minutes ago, fingers_crossed_2021 said:

emmmmm Hi everyone

Congratulations!!!! 

39 minutes ago, fingers_crossed_2021 said:

emmmmm Hi everyone

Congratulations! Mine still says under review, fingers crossed!