Canadian MSW Applicants 2021

Congrats everyone who has been accepted so far! Just a quick question I applied for the York MSW advanced standing and it’s been saying under consideration since the end of November. So much unnecessary anxiety lol! Has any acceptances been sent out? 

11 minutes ago, Blossom22 said:

Congrats everyone who has been accepted so far! Just a quick question I applied for the York MSW advanced standing and it’s been saying under consideration since the end of November. So much unnecessary anxiety lol! Has any acceptances been sent out? 

Mine also says this 

Hey everyone!

Does anyone have insight on what UBC's School of Social Work is like? I've not heard very positive things, including a few posts from this forum (see below):

I'd love to hear about what others have heard about and experienced within UBC's SSW. I applied to their Advanced Standing MSW program this year but if I hear more negative things about the program then I will be seriously reconsidering accepting an offer if I get one. The numerous reports of racism within the school and curriculum make me pretty nervous. 

Any info would be much appreciated!

image.png

Edited by afk612

Does anybody know when the University of Calgary starts sending out acceptances? On their website it says that all applicants will know by end of February but it does not say when acceptances start coming out. 

Edited by MacaroniGirl

It’s way too early for acceptances to anywhere except WLU for the May Online program. 

Mid February at the earliest for Advanced standing, but even then more likely to be early March. And I’m talking at most universities, U of T, York, etc. 

Everyone take a deep breath and try not to obsessively check your status!

*I went through this process last year and deferred an acceptance to September 2021.

7 hours ago, Hopefulmsw2021 said:

Nothing for me so far either.... it is brutal. 

1 hour ago, tea latte 2021 said:

Nothing for me either, this is brutal!! 

Right. I thought for sure I’d hear something today! 

7 hours ago, MacaroniGirl said:

Does anybody know when the University of Calgary starts sending out acceptances? On their website it says that all applicants will know by end of February but it does not say when acceptances start coming out. 

Hello it is my first time to post something here. I also applied the University of Calgary 2-year MSW. I read the Canadian MSW 2019 thread and somebody got the offer on 14 February! 

51 minutes ago, Donut_MSW2021 said:

Hello it is my first time to post something here. I also applied the University of Calgary 2-year MSW. I read the Canadian MSW 2019 thread and somebody got the offer on 14 February! 

Welcome to the forum ?. Okay, February 14 would be amazing! 

1 hour ago, Donut_MSW2021 said:

Can you link the 2019 thread please!