Canadian MSW Applicants 2021

1 hour ago, Hopefulmsw2021 said:

Thanks for checking and letting us know. Hopefully we all hear soon. 

I know some Acceptances for WLU foundations part time online were sent last Wednesday early evening so hopefully that means advanced standings will come then too! Hang in there and good luck!

40 minutes ago, Kelsanne said:

I know some Acceptances for WLU foundations part time online were sent last Wednesday early evening so hopefully that means advanced standings will come then too! Hang in there and good luck!

Just got a rejection, I'm a young person so this isn't surprising, hopefully some of you have some success! 

Just now, tea latte 2021 said:

Yes! My grades were on par with who they took but I'm new to the field and the average amount of experience for people who got offered admission was 10 years so I really couldn't compete. 

Gotcha! It never hurts to apply! ☺️

5 hours ago, tea latte 2021 said:

Yes! My grades were on par with who they took but I'm new to the field and the average amount of experience for people who got offered admission was 10 years so I really couldn't compete. 

Don’t give up, keep trying. I actually applied at a couple of schools 6-7 years ago and didn’t get in. I then just went on, worked internationally and in different social service fields. Didn’t decide to apply again til this year. Keep building your experience and learning and like Kelsanne said no harm in trying! 

30 minutes ago, SCCPHopeful said:

Has anyones application on SGS recently moved to "under review" from "documents received" for the 2 year MSW at UofT? Angela had said this should happen by end of Jan but mine has still yet to change. 

Mine changed to "under review" for the two-year program in mid-January. My suspicion is that this might have to do with the order that we submit our applications as I submitted my statement in October. That being said, my references submitted their letters in December so who knows. I'm sure it will change soon regardless! 

39 minutes ago, SCCPHopeful said:

Has anyones application on SGS recently moved to "under review" from "documents received" for the 2 year MSW at UofT? Angela had said this should happen by end of Jan but mine has still yet to change. 

I submitted my written statement on Dec 8th and my application moved to "under review" on Dec. 23rd, but I had all my other docs in much earlier. Not sure how they do it tbh, but hopefully it'll change soon! 

22 minutes ago, coffeegirl20 said:

Does anyone know if Uoft sends out offers for the 2 year program in Feb, or is that just advanced standing? I've been hearing mixed things about the way they send out offers. Also is it via mail or email? Heard mixed things about that too, if anyone knows, that'd be great! 

Advanced Standing could hear as early as mid February - Early March. 

2 year program should hear back Late March to early April. 

They don’t do rolling admissions. 

You will receive notification on your SGS account and on Acorn it will say ‘invited’ if you are offered admission. 

22 minutes ago, coffeegirl20 said:

Does anyone know if Uoft sends out offers for the 2 year program in Feb, or is that just advanced standing? I've been hearing mixed things about the way they send out offers. Also is it via mail or email? Heard mixed things about that too, if anyone knows, that'd be great! 

This is the message I received from Angela at admission when I asked last week: "We anticipate MSW applications will be moved to under review by the end of January. Decisions will be out by mid-April." Which matches the timeline last year. Though some admission started rolling out late March. And you will get an email saying to check the SGS portal and you will find a letter there. 

2 hours ago, SCCPHopeful said:

Mine changed last week to under review. They asked me for another version of my transcript because it didn't say my degree name on it! But Angela emailed me directly and uploaded it for me once I sent it to her the next day. She also sent that email on a Sunday to ask for the transcript so they are doing reviews not only during business hours. Im sure yours will change soon.

3 minutes ago, ChipDip said:

Mine changed last week to under review. They asked me for another version of my transcript because it didn't say my degree name on it! But Angela emailed me directly and uploaded it for me once I sent it to her the next day. She also sent that email on a Sunday to ask for the transcript so they are doing reviews not only during business hours. Im sure yours will change soon.

Thanks so much. Last year my status changed to under review Jan 13th so I'm feeling antsy this year haha! Not that it means much until it changes to decision made in March/April. 

7 minutes ago, ChipDip said:

For anyone who applied to the 2 year program at York, does your application status on my file say "No decision yet"?? I saw that some people might have different things but I'm not sure if that was for 2 year or 1

Mine says currently under consideration. For 1 year