Canadian MSW Applicants 2021

I understand that this thread is for MSW. But if anybody reading this message who knows about University of Toronto PhD Social Work kindly reply.

How many candidates do they offer in Waiting List? and What are the probability to get confirmed from Waiting List?

Is there any website like Gradcafe in Canada where I can connect PhD students?

4 hours ago, franca19 said:

I emailed McMaster for the Critical Leadership MSW program and found out I was rejected today. I accepted my U of Windsor offer for the Peel region advanced standing program. I look forward to seeing some of you there! Best of luck to everyone hearing back from schools.

If anyone is waiting to hear back from McMaster MSW, I would suggest to email Darlene from admission. I just found that via email I was also rejected to the Critical Leadership MSW program. Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear back. 

16 minutes ago, Decaf22 said:

Has anyone heard from UofT's 2-year MSW Program? I am domestic student so not sure if anyone has heard anything? 

I have not yet heard anything for the 2-year program. I think that they do the 1 year program admissions first and then 2 year for UofT. Im expecting that we'll find out in March, but who knows!

4 hours ago, CMSA said:

Not yet and I am also anxiously waiting! I applied for the clinical specialization. Good Luck! 

5 hours ago, Donut_MSW2021 said:

Still anyone hear from the UCalgary 2-year MSW program? :) So nervous...

I heard back early February for the 2-year MSW program, clinical specialization.

4 minutes ago, CMSA said:

Congrats! Also I’m curious if you applied for thesis or course-based?

When I talked to the admin from wlu regarding the thesis based or course based stream when you put it on your application, she told me that it doesn’t factor into getting in, it’s just for them to see how many are interested and you can decide to not do thesis based if you choose. I’m not sure if it’s the same in this case but just thought I’d let you know! 

32 minutes ago, hannahi said:

My status for Carleton's 2-year program finally changed to "Review in progress by faculty of graduate and postdoctoral affairs"! So nerve-wracking but hopefully that means we should be hearing something soon!

That's so good, anyone else's change? mine still says recommended for assessment. 

On 2/11/2021 at 6:03 PM, skittles15 said:

Sometime in March!! Me neither thats why it is nice to hear from someone else who also applied :) I heard they were one of the first schools to ever create a distance ed program for social work. i only applied to laurier and waterloo because I can't move right now but I would say waterloo is my top choice. Hbu? Did you apply anywhere else?

thanks, I hadn't known that before! March feels so far away ? do you know how they'll send out their decisions or how many spots they usually offer? yeah, I'm in the same boat re: not moving, so I applied to the Toronto schools. 

On 2/12/2021 at 8:37 AM, MSW2020lm said:

Hi there! Congrats!! Can you tell us for what program!

Hello! My apologies I didn't realize I didn't mention the program. It is U of T's 2 year MSW program! I am an international student though, and I think we are hearing back sooner due to study permits/processing times for visas with COVID-19