Canadian MSW Applicants 2021

1 hour ago, egyptianintoronto said:

Does anyone know how many students are admitted in each year's cohort for U of T MSW. That is, are classes small enough that there may be hope for return to in-class learning this Fall? 

130? I couldn’t be wrong but that’s what I remember hearing at one point 

19 hours ago, MSW2B said:

130? I couldn’t be wrong but that’s what I remember hearing at one point 

I think you're correct, I also remember hearing something like 130 people in one cohort.

But I'm not sure whether that would mean that all 130 people will be in the same class. I mean, yes all 2-yr students will take the required 5 courses during Fall but there're multiple sessions for the same course, so I don't think we will have that large of a class size. 

Anyway, we should hear about the method of delivery around Apr or May ... fingers crossed 

20 hours ago, egyptianintoronto said:

Hello! My apologies I didn't realize I didn't mention the program. It is U of T's 2 year MSW program! I am an international student though, and I think we are hearing back sooner due to study permits/processing times for visas with COVID-19 

Yay! One more potential 2-yr MSW incoming student :) I'll DM you

On 2/12/2021 at 9:04 PM, aspiring-academic said:

thanks, I hadn't known that before! March feels so far away ? do you know how they'll send out their decisions or how many spots they usually offer? yeah, I'm in the same boat re: not moving, so I applied to the Toronto schools. 

No I dont, but I am hoping we get an alert to check quest instead of a letter! I am not sure how many spots they offer either. I haven't really heard many people discussing that program which i found surprising because I was impressed with how organized their information/website was. What was the social issue you wanted to study?

1 minute ago, MacaroniGirl said:

Hi Everyone! 

Did anyone else’s Carleton Central application status change to “review in progress by the faculty of graduate and postdoctoral affairs” Friday evening?

Nope but I'm not concerned. They likely do this one by one. 

9 minutes ago, MSW2B said:

Nope but I'm not concerned. They likely do this one by one. 

I’m so anxious! Does this mean that they made a decision? Good or bad I will be happy to know.

Edited by MacaroniGirl

17 minutes ago, hannahi said:

Hey! I just got an email saying that I've been accepted into Carleton's 2 year program! This was after my status changed to in review on Friday so it was a pretty fast turn around! Hope everyone else hears soon :)

Congrats!! That’s so amazing! Im applying for the 2-year program as well and my status changed on Friday too. Still waiting to hear back but this gave me hope. Thanks for posting 

20 minutes ago, hannahi said:

Hey! I just got an email saying that I've been accepted into Carleton's 2 year program! This was after my status changed to in review on Friday so it was a pretty fast turn around! Hope everyone else hears soon :)

Congratulations, anyones status change for the 1 year program? 

2 hours ago, hannahi said:

How long did you have to change once your status changed to “review in progress by department”?

1 hour ago, cathySW said:

Congratulations, anyones status change for the 1 year program? 

Mine changed today to review in progress by department- fingers crossed it’s a quick turn around!

14 minutes ago, Siikun said:

How long did you have to change once your status changed to “review in progress by department”?

For me my status changed to in review on Friday afternoon (the 12th) and then I got the acceptance today, so it really didn't take too long (I wonder if they were working through the long weekend??) 

Just now, hannahi said:

For me my status changed to in review on Friday afternoon (the 12th) and then I got the acceptance today, so it really didn't take too long (I wonder if they were working through the long weekend??) 

Mines changed twice in the last half an hour and now says review in progress by faculty of graduate and postdoctoral affairs. FINGERS CROSSED!

I have been following the grad cafe threads for a while now (a couple years!) and I've always been so appreciative of everyone's stories. I have been accepted into Mac's MSW program and I don't think I've ever cried so much before. As I'm sure many of you can relate, it has been a long fucking journey. I've always felt like I am an imposter so reading the offer of admission was such an overwhelming feeling. I wish everyone the best in their journeys ?

8 hours ago, viglet said:

WLU Applicants: 

Does anyone know where on LORIS we can see the status of our application? 

I don't know if there is a spot on LORIS to see the status (I hope I'm wrong lol). I just know that when you have been accepted or rejected the page that shows all of the documents you have submitted turns into a notice and your documents listed disappear. Thats what I gathered from previous years threads, hope that helps a little!

9 minutes ago, tjo said:

I have been following the grad cafe threads for a while now (a couple years!) and I've always been so appreciative of everyone's stories. I have been accepted into Mac's MSW program and I don't think I've ever cried so much before. As I'm sure many of you can relate, it has been a long fucking journey. I've always felt like I am an imposter so reading the offer of admission was such an overwhelming feeling. I wish everyone the best in their journeys ?

This is awesome, thanks for sharing! Congratulations! I hope the program is everything you hoped for.