Canadian MSW Applicants 2021

1 hour ago, Liv95 said:

Has anyone checked in with full time at waterloo/Renison? My status changed to waitlisted but I haven’t heard of anyone who has been accepted yet. 

I just checked and I've been put on the waitlist as well. It doesn't give me the option to remove myself from the waitlist either? This is strange

Edited by tjo

3 minutes ago, tjo said:

I just checked and I've been put on the waitlist as well. It doesn't give me the option to remove myself from the waitlist either? This is strange

I'm wondering if it's just them sorting possible candidates? I went to Waterloo for my undergrad and BSW but I was never waitlisted. 

7 minutes ago, Liv95 said:

I'm wondering if it's just them sorting possible candidates? I went to Waterloo for my undergrad and BSW but I was never waitlisted. 

Well if you find out, please share! I also can't figure out the status of my Laurier application through Loris, it just brings me to the actual application I submitted.

20 minutes ago, tjo said:

Well if you find out, please share! I also can't figure out the status of my Laurier application through Loris, it just brings me to the actual application I submitted.

I can’t either (for Laurier). I’m not sure if they even show the status. As far as I know, when you get in or don’t get in the actual application page with your files will change to a letter of acceptance, wait list, reject. But if you find a way to check I’d love to know!!

On 2/27/2021 at 9:45 AM, Viredo said:

Interesting, I did not receive the letter in the mail/recommendation, just the official acceptance letter via email. Good luck to you!

So I checked my online status this morning and it says Accepted - Deposit requested :) still waiting for the email though. In the email you received, did they provide you with any information about funding?

6 minutes ago, tjo said:

I just received a call from May Friedman at Ryerson who offered me admission into their MSW program. I'm still crying... fingers crossed to all that applied!!

Congrats!! Did you get accepted into the advanced standing or 2-year stream? And do you think they're giving the offers alphabetically (My last name starts with an A, and me and my friend were discussing what order they were calling hopeful candidates)?  

9 minutes ago, alaSW said:

Congrats!! Did you get accepted into the advanced standing or 2-year stream? And do you think they're giving the offers alphabetically (My last name starts with an A, and me and my friend were discussing what order they were calling hopeful candidates)?  

You too ? the advanced standing (I didn't know they had a 2-year stream!). My last name is J. Do you know how many students they admit? 

Edited by tjo

I'm seeing people have gotten calls from Ryerson today and I haven't gotten one so I'm assuming I didn't get in :( for anyone who has been in a similar situation with Ryerson, do you know how they communicate if you are on a waitlist or have been rejected? (i.e. email, mail, etc.). Sending good energy to everyone during this brutal waiting period! 

25 minutes ago, m.to said:

I'm seeing people have gotten calls from Ryerson today and I haven't gotten one so I'm assuming I didn't get in :( for anyone who has been in a similar situation with Ryerson, do you know how they communicate if you are on a waitlist or have been rejected? (i.e. email, mail, etc.). Sending good energy to everyone during this brutal waiting period! 

So I was accepted to the MSW program at Ryerson last year. From what I remember, they didn’t call everyone the same day. Some people had heard they were accepted on the Monday and I didn’t get a call until the Tuesday. So i think they might call over a couple of days? 

Also as I deferred my acceptance to U of T I’m joining the advanced standing class this September. I recently received my new acceptance package for Fall 2021 so I am assuming acceptances for advanced standing at U of T will be going out very soon!!

Edited by Ihatethissomuch

1 minute ago, Ihatethissomuch said:

So I was accepted to the MSW program at Ryerson last year. From what I remember, they didn’t call everyone the same day. Some people had heard they were accepted on the Monday and I didn’t get a call until the Tuesday. So i think they might call every couple of days? 

Also as I deferred my acceptance to U of T I’m joining the advanced standing class this September. I recently received my new acceptance package for Fall 2021 so I am assuming acceptances for advanced standing at U of T will be going out very soon!!

Ok this makes me feel slightly more hopeful - thank you!! I only applied to Ryerson and U of T so that's good to hear we should be getting news soon. Congrats on your acceptances! 

29 minutes ago, m.to said:

I think it will take them a few days to call everyone. So don’t worry. I am currently a Ryerson student in my last year not sure if that has anything to do with why I got called early. 

52 minutes ago, Ihatethissomuch said:

So I was accepted to the MSW program at Ryerson last year. From what I remember, they didn’t call everyone the same day. Some people had heard they were accepted on the Monday and I didn’t get a call until the Tuesday. So i think they might call every couple of days? 

Did they do it alphabetically??

I got my notice for the Waterloo part-time Advanced standing program just a few minutes ago, and unfortunately I didn't get in. If anyone is accepted, I'd love to hear what kinds of experience you had on your resume. I know I had the grades but I'm just finishing my BSW and don't have a tons of experience yet.