Canadian MSW Applicants 2021

7 hours ago, angelicpiano said:

Thank you. My parents will not accept me if I don't get in. Nor did they accept my mental health struggles. I am even more nervous 

Just wanted to give you (and the rest of the people on this forum) some encouragement: a reminder that it's really not the end of the world if you don't get in. I'm sorry that you have to deal with your parents' pressure- I'm sure that's very tough-but remember that you can definitely still work in social work without an MSW- and if anything, getting more experience will clarify your career interests and you may end up getting more out of the program if you decide to do it in the future. Many people who don't have an MSW are successful in the field (and have less debt! haha). From looking at your posts it seems that you're in your last year of undergrad? remember that it's quite difficult to get in straight from undergrad (especially if your grades are on the lower side) and I hope you don't take it too personally if you are rejected. You are still worthy and will do amazing things in your career! With that being said- good luck to you! and to everyone. :) 

20 hours ago, Decaf22 said:

samee it's also my first time applying so honestly happy. But also worried since this was the one school I thought be easier to get in compared to UFT, Westerns' etc.. but hoping for the best! 

Congrats to everyone who got in! 

Don't lose hope! I applied to Windsor thinking I'd get in for sure but got rejected. However, I got accepted to U of T, Calgary, and Dal. Best of luck! :)

Edited by pchitnuc

9 minutes ago, pchitnuc said:

Don't lose hope! I applied to Windsor thinking I'd get in for sure but got rejected. However, I got accepted to U of T, Calgary, and Dal. Best of luck! :)

Did you get accepted to U of T as an advanced standing, 2 year, international? 

Just now, MSWhopefully said:

Congrats! Amazing news! Do they let you know via e-mail?

Thank you! I was notified by email by Calgary and U of T. For Dal, I received mail and then an email a couple of days later.

30 minutes ago, MSW2021RESILENCEPRAYER said:

I have been following the thread for a while, congrats to everyone who has been accepted and don't give up hope for those who didn't get in or have been waitlisted.

I have been accepted to the Full-time MSW at Waterloo (Renison) I was notified via Quest. 

Congrats! That's so exciting. It says a decision hasn't been made for me yet. Would you mind sharing your initials? I wonder if they're doing it alphabetically!