Canadian MSW Applicants 2021

1 minute ago, aspiring-academic said:

I also see an invited status on ACORN for the advanced standing program, but I am afraid to believe it until I get the official letter.

Congratulations everyone, I hope good news is coming your way ?

Same here, I see it for myself as well. But like you, I don't want to believe it until I get the official letter. 

1 minute ago, Jenn.t said:

To those who have an "invited" in their ACORN (advanced standing)- would you mind sharing your experience in the field?

I applied with a 4.0/4.33 GPA. I had 2 publications, was a TA as an undergrad, and had 900 hours of placement (relevant to SW). I didn't have any external social work paid work experience other than being a research assistant.  

52 minutes ago, cathySW said:

Hey everyone, not want to say anything soon, but I see my INVITED sign on ACORN liek right now, this is for advanced standing 1 year uoft btw!!

Hope everyone hears back soon

Congrats!! Did it show up on Toronto Sgs? I don’t think I have access to acorn.

17 minutes ago, aspiring-academic said:

Have just received my rejection email from Ryerson's advanced standing program.

I just received a rejection email from Ryerson as an advanced standing.... 

14 hours ago, Jenn.t said:

You definitely can. I did that yesterday and they were so great at responding. They spent time giving me details and it gave me a sense of ease to know it was just having more experience. I'm also just finishing my BSW so I what you're feeling.

Hang in there, I was rejected while finishing my BSW. I worked for 2 years and got in to Waterloo!! So you just need that little bit, to be honest, you'll get a lot out of being able to build on your field experience and also the break from school was nice!! 

17 hours ago, mswcanada2021 said:

I found out via quest that I was denied entry into Waterloo’s msw program - this is my first time applying and the only school I applied to plus I’m just finishing up my BSW right now so I wasn’t too hopeful. Does anyone know if I can contact admissions and ask for the reason why so I can use it for future applications? 

This happened to me with Laurier, Western and Waterloo coming out of my BSW. Since then, I've worked for 2 years and thought I'd give it another shot, I got in to Waterloo this time around! I think if you get rejected, it sucks but you will greatly benefit from some field experience too. Hang in there ♥️ it will all work out!

18 minutes ago, MSWapplicant2021 said:

I just got invited to advanced standing MSW at UofT on Acorn!

Quick question, my Acorn says “You do not have any enrolled courses for 2021 Winter” am I looking at the right section ? Thanks 

10 minutes ago, tea latte 2021 said:

Hang in there, I was rejected while finishing my BSW. I worked for 2 years and got in to Waterloo!! So you just need that little bit, to be honest, you'll get a lot out of being able to build on your field experience and also the break from school was nice!! 

This was what I needed to hear. Thank you for your input!

6 minutes ago, Lulu21 said:

Quick question, my Acorn says “You do not have any enrolled courses for 2021 Winter” am I looking at the right section ? Thanks 

There should be invited written in orange on the admissions page I believe it was

4 minutes ago, Liv95 said:

There should be invited written in orange on the admissions page I believe it was

Does anyone know in years past if the 'invited' on acorn happens for everyone who is admitted? I'm taking not having mine changed as a rejection but I'm not sure if it's a sure thing