Canadian MSW Applicants 2021

1 minute ago, thatcoffeelover said:

Yes! My status date changed a few days ago as well, not sure what that means though.

Ok, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one in this situation! I've seen on the forum that quite a few people have been waitlisted for the program but I haven't seen any acceptances yet (I could have missed something). I'm curious as to why the status change date has changed but not the application status! Interesting for sure... 

2 minutes ago, amesyall said:

Ok, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one in this situation! I've seen on the forum that quite a few people have been waitlisted for the program but I haven't seen any acceptances yet (I could have missed something). I'm curious as to why the status change date has changed but not the application status! Interesting for sure... 

I feel like it means that it is undergoing further assessment, but I could be wrong. I was super anxious and checked their website and it said:

If you application shows that it is “In Progress” then it is currently being reviewed by the department you applied to OR it is in the Office of Graduate Studies for further review.

So I'm thinking it's with the Office of Grad Studies now? Hopefully good news will come soon! ?

I just heard back from U of T, I was waitlisted as well (advanced standing). I'm feeling so conflicted about how to feel. I'm happy because this was my first time applying, but I also have so many questions. I'm wondering if anyone know how many people usually are on the waitlist and the likelihood of getting offered a spot? Congrats to everyone who received an offer :)

I'm waitlisted from UofT (Advanced Standing). I'm not too bummed because it was my first time applying. I'm also surprised because my personal statement wasn't the best with the crazy times we live in ?. Good luck everyone!

Edited by SocialWerkIt
advanced standing

8 minutes ago, Jenn.t said:

I got waitlisted to UofT! I'm not even upset because I'm just finishing my BSW with only 300 hours of real Social Work experience. I just found out now by email just now 

Hang in there! I’m sure this time next year with more experience you’ll get in!

Hi guys! I got accepted to the 2-year program at Western earlier today! I'm so excited!!

They have given me until March 19th to respond. I would prefer going to UofT over Western but I'm not sure if I will hear back in time. Does anyone know if it's possible to accept the Western offer and later accept UofT if I end up getting in there? I'd totally be down to go to Western instead but just wondering! 

5 hours ago, MSW2B said:

Hang in there! I’m sure this time next year with more experience you’ll get in!

Thank you :) I didn't get into Dal, Waterloo, or Windsor because of the lack of experience so I was starting to think UofT would be the same. Applying when you're finishing your BSW is risky but a good learning experience. Im hoping to apply again if I don't get in after a couple of years of working. Thanks everyone in this forum for the advice and support!

Hi everyone!

Has anyone heard back from UofT Advanced Standing for the Social Justice and Diversity stream?

I'm so fucking anxious. There's so way I can get waitlisted 3 years in a row...I'm hoping they just haven't sent this stream's offers out yet? :(

12 hours ago, shehra said:

Hi guys! I got accepted to the 2-year program at Western earlier today! I'm so excited!!

They have given me until March 19th to respond. I would prefer going to UofT over Western but I'm not sure if I will hear back in time. Does anyone know if it's possible to accept the Western offer and later accept UofT if I end up getting in there? I'd totally be down to go to Western instead but just wondering! 

You are able to accept western and then just take away your acceptance if you hear back from U of T and decide to go there! Lots of people do it :)

4 hours ago, Emilys1024 said:

I found out via email that I got waitlisted for Windsor on Tuesday but my status still says "In Progress" and the date hasn't changed. Is this the case for anyone else?

Yes, it is the same for me.

For whoever has been wait listed at U of T before, is there a chance of still getting accepted? Its literally my dream to go to U of T and I would do ANYTHING to go. I am so bummed I got waitlisted. I have already completed my ssw, finishing my bsw right now and have over 3000 hours of experience. Also my grades were pretty good. Its just so disappointing! 

Hi everyone ! I was waitlisted yesterday for Kings and accepted at UofT for the advanced standing Health and Mental Health MSW program! Good luck everyone ! Admission letters seem to be rolling in for everyone 

14 minutes ago, Chey__ said:

Hi everyone ! I was waitlisted yesterday for Kings and accepted at UofT for the advanced standing Health and Mental Health MSW program! Good luck everyone ! Admission letters seem to be rolling in for everyone 

Hey! Do you mind sharing the scope of work/volunteer experience you had?

On 3/5/2021 at 9:23 PM, shehra said:

Hey congratulations!! I also got accepted to the 2-year program at Western and was wondering if there was a specific day I have to respond by, but I'm not seeing it anywhere. Where did they tell you to what day to respond by? :)

3 hours ago, canmsw2021 said:

Hey congratulations!! I also got accepted to the 2-year program at Western and was wondering if there was a specific day I have to respond by, but I'm not seeing it anywhere. Where did they tell you to what day to respond by? :)

Thank you! Congrats to you too :)

If you go into your Student Centre where you've been accepted and click 'View Letters' and look at the Department Offer Letter it should have a line in the letter explaining when you need to respond by. 

18 hours ago, n00name_ said:

Hey! Do you mind sharing the scope of work/volunteer experience you had?

Of course! So i am just finishing up my BSW right now, I have worked for community living Windsor for over two years which allowed me to gain a lot of experience working with individuals with autism, psychosis and other intellectual disabilities. My placement is currently at an addictions centre which has given me an immense amount of experience in facilitating group and individual therapy with women battling addiction and trauma, promoting mental wellness ect.

On 3/6/2021 at 4:21 PM, Hailey0707 said:

For whoever has been wait listed at U of T before, is there a chance of still getting accepted? Its literally my dream to go to U of T and I would do ANYTHING to go. I am so bummed I got waitlisted. I have already completed my ssw, finishing my bsw right now and have over 3000 hours of experience. Also my grades were pretty good. Its just so disappointing! 

Keep your head up. I was rejected from Toronto 2 years ago before completing my BSW. I'm not sure if/how many people get in off the waitlist but keep doing what you can to improve your application (volunteering, working, research).