Canadian MSW Applicants 2021

On 3/5/2021 at 6:26 PM, amesyall said:

Hey folks! I've applied to the two-year on-campus MSW program at uWindsor and I noticed today that my Status Change Date says today (March 5th) but my application status still says "In Process." Is this the case for anyone else? 

Hey! The same thing happened to me, I had originally applied in December and at the end of February my status date changed and still said in process. A week later I was accepted, so I am hoping the same for you! :) 

9 minutes ago, MSWAPP2021 said:

Hey! The same thing happened to me, I had originally applied in December and at the end of February my status date changed and still said in process. A week later I was accepted, so I am hoping the same for you! :) 

That’s certainly reassuring! Congratulations on your acceptance!! :) 

Just now, MSWAPP2021 said:

Thank you! :) Sending you positive thoughts for your acceptance as well! 

Thank you! If you don’t mind me asking, have you accepted your offer of admission or are you waiting to hear back from other schools?

Hi there, been following this chat for a little while now and thought I'd chime in and hopefully meet some like-minded people! Last week I was accepted into Waterloo's 1 year MSW and waitlisted to U of T's Advanced Standing MSW in Health and Mental Health. Was bummed about U of T as that was my first pick. Wondering if anyone has heard any feedback about Waterloo's program (e.g., what their experience was like, what it's reputation is like, etc.)? 

I completed a BSW last year and also have an Honours BA in Communications. I've always done well in school so I don't think my GPA is an issue. I've worked a number of years in public health and some time at an EFAP, as well as in an academic hospital. I have a variety of volunteer experience, although not much recently, due to work demands and covid. 

Thanks!

I'm wondering if anyone has insight into how the U of T Advanced Standing Wait-List works? It said on my letter that the list isn't ranked, which makes me wonder how they choose who gets admitted? I was waitlisted last year and it seems like from reading these forums in past years that it is quite rare to get in off the waitlist ?

1 hour ago, msw26 said:

Hi there, been following this chat for a little while now and thought I'd chime in and hopefully meet some like-minded people! Last week I was accepted into Waterloo's 1 year MSW and waitlisted to U of T's Advanced Standing MSW in Health and Mental Health. Was bummed about U of T as that was my first pick. Wondering if anyone has heard any feedback about Waterloo's program (e.g., what their experience was like, what it's reputation is like, etc.)? 

I completed a BSW last year and also have an Honours BA in Communications. I've always done well in school so I don't think my GPA is an issue. I've worked a number of years in public health and some time at an EFAP, as well as in an academic hospital. I have a variety of volunteer experience, although not much recently, due to work demands and covid. 

Thanks!

Hey, I’m not going to waterloo for my MSW but I completed my undergrad and BSW there and have friends who are currently in the MSW program. Let me know any questions I might be able to help with.

On 3/5/2021 at 6:26 PM, amesyall said:

Hey folks! I've applied to the two-year on-campus MSW program at uWindsor and I noticed today that my Status Change Date says today (March 5th) but my application status still says "In Process." Is this the case for anyone else? 

Mine was like that too! Just checked again now and my application Change Date is now today (March 8th) and still says "In Process." The waiting game continues... 

35 minutes ago, CE_Shenanigans said:

Mine was like that too! Just checked again now and my application Change Date is now today (March 8th) and still says "In Process." The waiting game continues... 

Same here! Mine changed on March 2, and I just checked and it updated today to March 8 as well. Wondering when we'll hear back now. ?

27 minutes ago, amesyall said:

Just found out that I've been accepted to the University of Windsor's two-year MSW :) Best of luck to everyone as we begin to hear back! 

Congratulations! Did they happen to say when you have to accept your offer by? I'm on the waiting list so I was just wondering when it may start to move

8 minutes ago, Odyssey417 said:

How did you find out? And does anyone know when Laurier might start doing acceptances?

In my previous applications I received the results around those times (March 26th), and if you look back to previous years' threads people received their results at the end of March/first week of April. 

6 minutes ago, DD2021 said:

In my previous applications I received the results around those times (March 26th), and if you look back to previous years' threads people received their results at the end of March/first week of April. 

Thank you! I was doing the same thing, looking back to previous years. But was just wondering if you contacted them to ask or something. 

1 hour ago, Chey__ said:

Hi everyone! I have just made a MSW Advanced Standing Facebook group for 2021-2022 graduates! Message me if you want to be added :)

Just to clarify this is for UofT students ! Sorry for the confusion