Canadian MSW Applicants 2021

10 minutes ago, patientlywaitinggg said:

hello Carleton 2-year people: how long do you have to make a decision to accept or decline offers of admission? 

I don’t know if it’s the same for advanced standing, but it’s 21 days from when you get your acceptance 

44 minutes ago, cathySW said:

I don’t know if it’s the same for advanced standing, but it’s 21 days from when you get your acceptance 

56 minutes ago, patientlywaitinggg said:

hello Carleton 2-year people: how long do you have to make a decision to accept or decline offers of admission? 

This was the same for the two year and I think I heard the Tuesday after February long weekend

On 3/17/2021 at 5:39 PM, JMW89 said:

I know UBC Vancouver isn’t talked much about here, but I got an offer for the Advanced program today. Just for anyone who applied & is wondering 

Did you get your offer via email or did your portal change? I am anxiously awaiting a decision from UBC!

12 hours ago, JMW89 said:

I got the offer via email. Wishing you all the best :) 

Thank you! Also I forgot to ask, may I ask if you are an international student or not?

Aso congrats on your acceptance! That is really exciting :)

Edited by afk612

Hey everyone!

I have a question - I live in Toronto and have been accepted to UWindsor and my 21 day deadline is fast approaching. I applied to York, UofT and Laurier (which would be closer for me), but since their decisions come out a bit later, I was wondering if anyone knows whether I can accept and then decline UWindsor's offer if I hear good news from the schools closer to me?

17 minutes ago, thatcoffeelover said:

Hey everyone!

I have a question - I live in Toronto and have been accepted to UWindsor and my 21 day deadline is fast approaching. I applied to York, UofT and Laurier (which would be closer for me), but since their decisions come out a bit later, I was wondering if anyone knows whether I can accept and then decline UWindsor's offer if I hear good news from the schools closer to me?

Yes you can. I'm not sure if UWindsor asks for a deposit, but you may have to pay to secure your spot. I know that's the case with Dalhousie. So if you don't mind losing your deposit, then go for it!

30 minutes ago, sammyk said:

Yes you can. I'm not sure if UWindsor asks for a deposit, but you may have to pay to secure your spot. I know that's the case with Dalhousie. So if you don't mind losing your deposit, then go for it!

Makes sense, thank you! :) 

2 hours ago, thatcoffeelover said:

Hey everyone!

You could also contact admissions and ask if you could get an extension on that deadline... I have heard of some people being granted extensions by some schools. 

On 3/18/2021 at 9:33 AM, olivolia said:

Hi!

I’m curious what 2 year MSW programs everyone applied to and if you had the choice, which would you pick? Why? ?

I applied to Toronto's 2-year MSW and King's 2-year MSW. I chose King's because right now, location is the most important thing for me right now; my partner and I are going to be staying in the London area for the foreseeable future and I didn't want to be away from her (personal) and I wanted local practicum opportunities for networking (practical). 

2 hours ago, afk612 said:

You could also contact admissions and ask if you could get an extension on that deadline... I have heard of some people being granted extensions by some schools. 

Yes, that's what I did and they said that the 21 days is a solid deadline and you can't have an extension as per the School of Social Work... I guess unless your situation calls for an extension? Not sure. ? 

Thank you though :) 

On 3/4/2021 at 1:03 PM, tea latte 2021 said:

Hang in there, I was rejected while finishing my BSW. I worked for 2 years and got in to Waterloo!! So you just need that little bit, to be honest, you'll get a lot out of being able to build on your field experience and also the break from school was nice!! 

I just made an MSW students page for those of us who will be attending Waterloo this upcoming year! It would be great to connect with some other members of the cohort :) Here is the page in case you or anyone else is interested: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1443715959304084 

It's open to members of both the part time and full time programs.

Fingers crossed acceptances  for U of T's 2 year MSW start to roll out over the next week or so! I'll be checking ACORN and SGS daily haha! Past years found acceptances were released in last week of March, with waitlists, and declines following shortly after. 

What an exciting week!!! Best of luck all U of T 2-year applicants ❤️

A question to those who have been doing some digging in previous forums - what is the earliest in recent years that U of T has sent out acceptances for the 2-year? 

16 minutes ago, MacaroniGirl said:

What an exciting week!!! Best of luck all U of T 2-year applicants ❤️

A question to those who have been doing some digging in previous forums - what is the earliest in recent years that U of T has sent out acceptances for the 2-year? 

Over the past few years (so 2018, 2019, 2020), the dates for 2y UofT were Mar. 27th, Mar. 25th, and Mar. 29th, respectively. I haven't looked any farther back than that!

Edited to add: 2y Laurier (in-person) was Apr. 3rd, Mar. 31st, and Apr. 9th. Hope that saves some other people from having to dig into past forums as well.

Edited by Waiting4AdmissionDecisions