Canadian MSW Applicants 2021

Just now, Decaf22 said:

I also got put on the waitlist for windsor's 2-year MSW program.. 

Congrats! I'm happy to be put on it as it is my first time applying. Hopefully it moves fast, I am curious of when people have to accept their offers.

1 minute ago, AlexaS said:

Congrats! I'm happy to be put on it as it is my first time applying. Hopefully it moves fast, I am curious of when people have to accept their offers.

samee it's also my first time applying so honestly happy. But also worried since this was the one school I thought be easier to get in compared to UFT, Westerns' etc.. but hoping for the best! 

Congrats to everyone who got in! 

On 2/24/2021 at 9:38 PM, Donut_MSW2021 said:

Just curious, did anyone else hear back from University of Calgary? 

Hey :) I am interested in applying to the blended/online program with UofC, how did you feel about the application. Any tips or advice?

My status on the Windsor application page still says 'In Process' but the 'Status Change Date' has changed from January 18th to today (March 2nd). Does Windsor send emails to let you know if you got in or not? I'm still waiting on any news and I'm worried that they might have already sent out acceptances. This whole process is so stressful!!

1 hour ago, angelicpiano said:

Western only requires 70%. I am hoping on it. I feel that supplemental questions were strong and experience. 

Last year I was informed that all the applicants who were accepted had an average between 78-88%. 
70% is just the cut off! 

8 minutes ago, shehra said:

My status on the Windsor application page still says 'In Process' but the 'Status Change Date' has changed from January 18th to today (March 2nd). Does Windsor send emails to let you know if you got in or not? I'm still waiting on any news and I'm worried that they might have already sent out acceptances. This whole process is so stressful!!

My status also still says "In Process" I was emailed that I was put on the wait list.

7 minutes ago, socialjd said:

Do you have any insight as to when Windsor's list moves? :)

No idea, I'm trying to figure that out too. Probably won't move much until other schools start giving out acceptances. I did see on the previous year's forum that people did get in from the waiting list, so fingers crossed!

55 minutes ago, olivolia said:

Last year I was informed that all the applicants who were accepted had an average between 78-88%. 
70% is just the cut off! 

Agreed! 70 is the cut off. My average was 4.0 (above 80) and I was rejected due to not having enough experience right out of my bsw. 

12 minutes ago, socialjd said:

Do you have any insight as to when Windsor's list moves? :)

I was put on the waitlist for advanced standing they don’t tell you your place and I was curious about where I check to see my status they said that if you do get in/accepted/ off the waitlist you will receive an email :) hope that helps ! 

5 minutes ago, mswCan2021 said:

Agreed! 70 is the cut off. My average was 4.0 (above 80) and I was rejected due to not having enough experience right out of my bsw. 

Yeah my average was 82% I had 4500 hours of various different work and volunteer experience and still got rejected from western last year ? so you just never know 

28 minutes ago, olivolia said:

Yeah my average was 82% I had 4500 hours of various different work and volunteer experience and still got rejected from western last year ? so you just never know 

Oh wow! I think that was more hours then me! I wonder what you need to actually get in!

Just now, mswCan2021 said:

Oh wow! I think that was more hours then me! I wonder what you need to actually get in!

Last year when I contacted them I was told I need to improve on my personal statement.. so hopefully I got that right this year lol! Who knows, each school seems to have their own kind of different agenda every year 

1 hour ago, shehra said:

I got an email saying I was waitlisted. However my status has not changed as of yet.. even the date is Jan 11th.. and not today's..

3 hours ago, angelicpiano said:

Thank you. My parents will not accept me if I don't get in. Nor did they accept my mental health struggles. I am even more nervous 

I honestly wouldn’t get too worried about your stats. While grades are important they don’t convey who you are as a person. I think that schools put a lot of weight on your statement too since they also want to understand your motivations for wanting to work in the field, the life experiences you’ve had, etc. If this year isn’t the year that’s also okay! These programs are so tiny and it’s very hard to know what they are looking for. That being said, I’m sorry that you are under so much pressure right now! It sounds like you’ve been working really hard and I hope you are proud of your self even just for that.