Canadian MSW Applicants 2021

1 hour ago, MSW2021RESILENCEPRAYER said:

I have been following the thread for a while, congrats to everyone who has been accepted and don't give up hope for those who didn't get in or have been waitlisted.

I have been accepted to the Full-time MSW at Waterloo (Renison) I was notified via Quest. 

Congrats! Wondering if you were waitlisted first the other day or you just got accepted?

57 minutes ago, mswcansm said:

Congrats! That's so exciting. It says a decision hasn't been made for me yet. Would you mind sharing your initials? I wonder if they're doing it alphabetically!

Thank you! Both of my initials are at the end of the alphabet lol  and I am a Canadian student. 

Has anyone who applied to the 1-year MSW at U of T seen any status changes on ACORN? I am applying for the 2-year so I don’t expect to hear until the end of the month haha 

Congrats to those already accepted to other schools and good luck to all who are waiting! 

Just now, MacaroniGirl said:

Has anyone who applied to the 1-year MSW at U of T seen any status changes on ACORN? I am applying for the 2-year so I don’t expect to hear until the end of the month haha 

Congrats to those already accepted to other schools and good luck to all who are waiting! 

I haven't seen anything on ACORN.

I was incessantly refreshing this forum and the admissions portal on Quest, and was just notified (on the website, no email yet; domestic student) that they are offering me admission!!!! 

Congratulations to those who have been accepted and positive vibes for those still waiting. I am still waiting for decisions from several Toronto schools, so hang in there!

Congrats to everyone getting acceptances!! I got waitlisted for Windsor's Regular-Track non-BSW and I was wondering if anyone had gotten an acceptance yet/when your deadline to accept the offer is. I live pretty far and I'm trying to plan.

Good luck everyone!

3 hours ago, aspiring-academic said:

I was incessantly refreshing this forum and the admissions portal on Quest, and was just notified (on the website, no email yet; domestic student) that they are offering me admission!!!! 

Congratulations to those who have been accepted and positive vibes for those still waiting. I am still waiting for decisions from several Toronto schools, so hang in there!

Congrats, were you accepted in the full-time or part-time program ?

On 3/2/2021 at 4:32 PM, skittles15 said:

Hey :) I am interested in applying to the blended/online program with UofC, how did you feel about the application. Any tips or advice?

Hello! I was put into the waitlist so honestly I don't have any tips or advice haha. I have around 4000 paid working hours related to human service (but not very closely related to social work) and around 500 volunteer hours. My GPA is around 3.6. I guess every part of my application is just average/slightly above average so I was not able to get in.

I really like the clinical nature of the program, especially if I am able to enter the 2-year program this year, I can focus on the trauma-informed practice in my second year of study. Hopefully I can get out of the waitlist ?

3 hours ago, aspiring-academic said:

Congrats! Sorry, what school are u talking about?

I found out via quest that I was denied entry into Waterloo’s msw program - this is my first time applying and the only school I applied to plus I’m just finishing up my BSW right now so I wasn’t too hopeful. Does anyone know if I can contact admissions and ask for the reason why so I can use it for future applications? 

2 hours ago, mswcanada2021 said:

I found out via quest that I was denied entry into Waterloo’s msw program - this is my first time applying and the only school I applied to plus I’m just finishing up my BSW right now so I wasn’t too hopeful. Does anyone know if I can contact admissions and ask for the reason why so I can use it for future applications? 

You definitely can. I did that yesterday and they were so great at responding. They spent time giving me details and it gave me a sense of ease to know it was just having more experience. I'm also just finishing my BSW so I what you're feeling.

2 hours ago, MSWapp55 said:

What is the most competitive MSW 2 year program?

I would say Western! They only have 20 spots and up until 2 years ago it was 15 spots. Then lauriers online MSW I think.