Canadian MSW Applicants 2021

6 hours ago, SCCPHopeful said:

My FIFSW application for the 2 year program is also still marked as "Documents Received".

Last year I was notified I made the waitlist on April 2nd and then that I had not gotten a spot on Sept 14th. Hoping for better news this spring :)

Mine is also "documents received" still. 

Hey everyone!

Some fun Wednesday night news - I just checked my application status, and for those of us who are waiting on advanced standing masters, York is starting to update application status to "currently under consideration” and Carleton has been updating to "recommended for assessment"!~ 

These are not actual responses yet, but we're getting close!! Exciting!!! ?

Edited by policy123

11 minutes ago, olivolia said:

I just emailed Laurier about this May and she said they are slightly behind schedule.. but they are still aiming for January 

Good to know! Thanks for posting here. I have been checking like every hour for the last four days! LOL. 

2 hours ago, olivolia said:

I just emailed Laurier about this May and she said they are slightly behind schedule.. but they are still aiming for January 

Thanks for being so on it and sharing your findings with the rest of us! I've been anxious every morning right before I check my email =| fingers crossed it comes sooner rather than later. 

Good luck everyone!

I had to update my transcript for U of T. Angela (admin) told me to email the transcript so she can update my application, but I haven't received confirmation that my transcript has been updated. I have emailed twice.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

18 hours ago, mswcansm said:

I had to update my transcript for U of T. Angela (admin) told me to email the transcript so she can update my application, but I haven't received confirmation that my transcript has been updated. I have emailed twice.

Hey there! Ive applied to UofT as well. Can I ask, why did you need to update the transcript? 

19 hours ago, mswcansm said:

I had to update my transcripts as well, I sent my updated transcripts directly from York U.  When I was reading the FAQ section of the MSW Booklet, it indicated that official transcripts were to be mailed if we had to update them.  I had no idea we could email them wow.

19 hours ago, MSW2020lm said:

Hey there! Ive applied to UofT as well. Can I ask, why did you need to update the transcript? 

I took a research course in the fall to increase my grade. I had to send an updated transcript to reflect my current grade in the research portion.

2 minutes ago, MSW2020lm said:

WHATTTT mid April.... I can't. LOL 

I know, it is painful! Last year my file was updated with a decision (waitlist) on April 2nd. So I'm hoping for early April again this year!

For all of the people who applied to Laurier May 2021 MSW.. we are getting closer and closer ! I asked if they have a specific target date and this is what I received in response:  

"Applicants should receive decisions sometime either this week or next week at the latest." Woooohooooo, keep holding on my friends!

And of course... "You will be sent an e-mail letting you know a decision had been made regarding your application and instructing you to check your LORIS where you application was previously located as the decision will be posted there. Ensure to always check your spam/junk mail folder as well just in case the email  goes in there by chance."

12 minutes ago, alysha said:

For all of the people who applied to Laurier May 2021 MSW.. we are getting closer and closer ! I asked if they have a specific target date and this is what I received in response:  

"Applicants should receive decisions sometime either this week or next week at the latest." Woooohooooo, keep holding on my friends!

And of course... "You will be sent an e-mail letting you know a decision had been made regarding your application and instructing you to check your LORIS where you application was previously located as the decision will be posted there. Ensure to always check your spam/junk mail folder as well just in case the email  goes in there by chance."

Thank you for sharing this info! Glad to hear the "end" of the waiting is almost here...but so nervous.

Have most of you applied for Fall 2021 intake? I have been putting it off pending hearing back.

46 minutes ago, alysha said:

Thanks for this! I e-mailed them last week and all I heard back was that we would hear back sometime after Jan 11th ? the anxiety is killing meeeee