Canadian MSW Applicants 2021

12 minutes ago, RBMSW said:

I applied to that program as well, my application status still remains documents received. 

Same with mine! It seems like we might be hearing closer to March given what was posted in past years. 

Hey Everyone! 

The stress of waiting is getting to me a little and it sounds like some of you might be feeling the same way. I know that part of this platform is about preserving peoples' anonymity but I thought I would just throw this idea out there. Would any of you be interested in forming a little MSW 2021 waiting support group? This would of course be voluntary, anyone who doesn't want to participate wouldn't have to. That being said, it might be nice to do a group video call with a few people who are all going through the same waiting process. 

Is this something that some of you might be interested in? If so private message me :)

Disclaimer: The purpose of this group would purely be to provide and receive support. This means that participants should avoid engaging in comparison discourse (comparing GPA, volunteer experience, etc.). 

16 hours ago, MacaroniGirl said:

Hey Everyone! 

The stress of waiting is getting to me a little and it sounds like some of you might be feeling the same way. I know that part of this platform is about preserving peoples' anonymity but I thought I would just throw this idea out there. Would any of you be interested in forming a little MSW 2021 waiting support group? This would of course be voluntary, anyone who doesn't want to participate wouldn't have to. That being said, it might be nice to do a group video call with a few people who are all going through the same waiting process. 

Is this something that some of you might be interested in? If so private message me :)

Disclaimer: The purpose of this group would purely be to provide and receive support. This means that participants should avoid engaging in comparison discourse (comparing GPA, volunteer experience, etc.). 

I want to join 

19 hours ago, MacaroniGirl said:

Hey Everyone! 

I think this is a great idea! Thanks for organizing. Could be a great place to discuss other programs as well? I will dm you. :) 

2 hours ago, gradschool2017 said:

Mine is also under review 

My application to UofT has been under review since the 2nd week of Dec, but the timelines may be slightly different as I applied to the advanced standing stream. Good luck everyone with your applications!! ?

Edited by BBQPork

So of course I have been checking the WLU LORIS site what seems like every hour after finding out we would be hearing "sometime" after January 11th (I applied for part-time non-BSW). I noticed this morning that under "action required" it changed to Document Received: No Further Action Required)...Hopeful things are in motion!

Hang in there and Good Luck!

On 6/3/2020 at 11:37 AM, mswcansm said:

From my understanding, this program is usually for individuals with 10-15 years of experience in the field.

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to clarify that this is not always the case. I encourage those who do not have much experience to still apply if you are considering MSW at UWindsor. I definitely did not have 10-15 heard of experience and I got accepted into the MSW for Working Professionals Program at UWindsor Peel Campus. 

I made a group already with a few members if anyone is interested to join, please dm me! 

Best of luck to everyone! Don't lose hope. 

52 minutes ago, Kelsanne said:

So of course I have been checking the WLU LORIS site what seems like every hour after finding out we would be hearing "sometime" after January 11th (I applied for part-time non-BSW). I noticed this morning that under "action required" it changed to Document Received: No Further Action Required)...Hopeful things are in motion!

Hang in there and Good Luck!

Me too!! Dying for that email to come in! 

My FIFSW application for the 2 year program is also still marked as "Documents Received".

Last year I was notified I made the waitlist on April 2nd and then that I had not gotten a spot on Sept 14th. Hoping for better news this spring :)

2 hours ago, tea latte 2021 said:

Me too!! Dying for that email to come in! 

I have applied to both the May 2021 online and sept 2021 in person and both of mine changed to this as well! So I’m not sure it even means anything :( because the September one they don’t tell people until April 

1 minute ago, olivolia said:

I have applied to both the May 2021 online and sept 2021 in person and both of mine changed to this as well! So I’m not sure it even means anything :( because the September one they don’t tell people until April 

Mmm interesting! Hope the change means things are at least under review!!!!! The wait is agonizing 

27 minutes ago, SCCPHopeful said:

My FIFSW application for the 2 year program is also still marked as "Documents Received".

Last year I was notified I made the waitlist on April 2nd and then that I had not gotten a spot on Sept 14th. Hoping for better news this spring :)

Do you think they review applications in the order that they received them? My application also says "Documents Received" and I am thinking it might have to do with the fact that my references handed in their letters late November.

9 minutes ago, MacaroniGirl said:

Do you think they review applications in the order that they received them? My application also says "Documents Received" and I am thinking it might have to do with the fact that my references handed in their letters late November.

I am honestly not sure. It could be based on this. I did have one referee not get her stuff submitted until the first week of Dec so perhaps thats why ours haven't been reviewed yet. 

15 minutes ago, MacaroniGirl said:

43 minutes ago, SCCPHopeful said:

What is the FIFSW and when in the start date?