Canadian MSW Applicants 2021

4 hours ago, SCCPHopeful said:

Message from Angela (admin at UofT) regarding the 2 year program: "We anticipate MSW applications will be moved to under review by the end of January.  Decisions will be out by mid-April."

Wow... decisions usually go out at the end of March for 2 year MSW at UofT. I wonder if the delay is due to increased number of applicants. Did you e-mail and ask her this question?

10 minutes ago, xtrahotlatte said:

Wow... decisions usually go out at the end of March for 2 year MSW at UofT. I wonder if the delay is due to increased number of applicants. Did you e-mail and ask her this question?

I did not given last year I only got my decision April 2nd and was told the same deadline of mid April. I'm sure any delays are related to teleworking through the pandemic. 

4 minutes ago, SCCPHopeful said:

I did not given last year I only got my decision April 2nd and was told the same deadline of mid April. I'm sure any delays are related to teleworking through the pandemic. 

I received my invite to uoft for adv standing last year on March 2nd though they did say April, so I hope you all hear a lot sooner. They seem to give the longer timeline so as to avoid being contacted.

In dealing with the faculty right now, they seem to have been adapting to the pandemic rather well and I don't see why they would delay responses.

Edited by Rassky

Just now, Rassky said:

I received my invite to uoft last year on March 2nd though they did say April, so I hope you all hear a lot sooner.

In dealing with the faculty right now, they seem to have been adapting to the pandemic rather well and I don't see why they would delay responses.

Thank you for sharing this. Last year was your invite for the 2-year or advanced standing program?

18 hours ago, Kelsanne said:

If checking the WLU admissions page is considered an indication of eagerness Im a shoe in haha 

Hopefully we all hear soon - please post when you are notified!

:) good luck all 

If only they got notified how often we check this forum and LORIS ?

9 hours ago, _LC said:

Congrats! I keep refreshing my email like crazy!! 

I am waiting on advanced standing news, hopefully today. 

On 1/13/2021 at 9:40 AM, Kelsanne said:

So of course I have been checking the WLU LORIS site what seems like every hour after finding out we would be hearing "sometime" after January 11th (I applied for part-time non-BSW). I noticed this morning that under "action required" it changed to Document Received: No Further Action Required)...Hopeful things are in motion!

Hang in there and Good Luck!

Me too!! Dying for that email to come in! 

2 minutes ago, JenD said:

I applied to the part time may 2021 advanced standing and the fall 2021 advanced standing .

I also applied for may 2021 advanced standing, I know a lot of the people in here applied for foundations, to be honest I'd be flattered just to get on the wait list I think that's an achievement in itself given the competition we have to go up against. 

Just now, tea latte 2021 said:

I also applied for may 2021 advanced standing, I know a lot of the people in here applied for foundations, to be honest I'd be flattered just to get on the wait list I think that's an achievement in itself given the competition we have to go up against. 

That is true. I just want to hear something. I wonder if all acceptance letters go out at once or staggered. ?