HGSE 2021

2 minutes ago, emstaal said:

I am not sure about scholarships, but financial aid will not come until end of the month/early april 

Oh yes, I think you're right about this.

Just now, mk187 said:

Long time lurker, first time commenter. This is the last school I'm waiting to hear from...I'm really hoping decisions come out today so I can make my final decision (and because waiting since last Friday has been stressful AF)! Holding my breath along with y'all.

Welcome! So what program did you apply to and what other schools have you received decisions from. Good luck waiting! Hopefully we won't have to go through this torture next week.

4 minutes ago, JohnSJr said:

Question:  does anyone know if we will receive aid info (fellowship awards, financial aid awards, scholarships, etc) at the same time as we receive our acceptance letter?

It's not at the same time. It's within a week or two. 

2 minutes ago, caxiatec said:

Welcome! So what program did you apply to and what other schools have you received decisions from. Good luck waiting! Hopefully we won't have to go through this torture next week.

Hi!!! I applied to the HDE program. 

I applied and was accepted to:

Boston University EdM/MSW (2/12)

Boston College EdM Elementary Education + Severe Special Needs (2/17)

TC MA Intellectual Disability/Autism (3/3)

1 minute ago, mk187 said:

Hi!!! I applied to the HDE program. 

I applied and was accepted to:

Boston University EdM/MSW (2/12)

Boston College EdM Elementary Education + Severe Special Needs (2/17)

TC MA Intellectual Disability/Autism (3/3)

Congratulations on your acceptances. I applied to LDIT in HGSE, Upenn and TC Columbia

Accepted: Upenn (3/8). 

Waiting for the others. Good luck to you and to everyone!

Just now, caxiatec said:

Congratulations on your acceptances. I applied to LDIT in HGSE, Upenn and TC Columbia

Accepted: Upenn (3/8). 

Waiting for the others. Good luck to you and to everyone!

Congrats on your Penn acceptance! I hope you hear from the other programs soon!

27 minutes ago, emstaal said:

Thanks for trying!! If anyone calls at 1pm or later let us know ?

Just called and they answered. Got the same generic reply - “I can’t tell you an exact date but we’re doing all that we can to speed up the process and you’ll be notified by the end of this month. But it’s possible that you’ll hear back sooner.” 

1 minute ago, chaiandsushi said:

Just called and they answered. Got the same generic reply - “I can’t tell you an exact date but we’re doing all that we can to speed up the process and you’ll be notified by the end of this month. But it’s possible that you’ll hear back sooner.” 

If we have to wait another week I may explode. Fingers crossed that "sooner" means TODAY! 

Just now, chaiandsushi said:

"it's possible that you'll hear back sooner"

?

5 hours ago, chai time said:

It's a bright and beautiful morning in Cambridge and I'm off to rub the shoe! Thinking of you all! 

2 hours ago, chai time said:

https://imgur.com/a/HFa22BV I just posted them on Imgur haha. It's a beautiful day here!

Thank you for doing this! Makes me smile and gives me hope that there will be news today!

3 minutes ago, chaiandsushi said:

1 minute ago, mk187 said:

If we have to wait another week I may explode. Fingers crossed that "sooner" means TODAY! 

Just now, JRF said:

"it's possible that you'll hear back sooner"

?

Echoing all this....really hoping we hear today!

3 minutes ago, coonie99 said:

Just woke up but I literally dreamed of all scenarios last night. Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst 

Reading this reminded me of the lyrics from this song.... "Hoping for the best but expecting the worst"

Alphaville - Forever Young ~Official Video - YouTube

Enjoy a little music as we wait. Good luck to us all!

Edited by mjsmith

18 minutes ago, chaiandsushi said:

Ugh that's so frustrating because we know they have events for admitted students start March 22....so why not at least tells us "within the next week"?  

23 hours ago, RoosterinSanFrancisco said:

An internal source has told me HGSE decisions will sent this week! My source guesses the email will be sent out at midnight. Good luck everyone!!!

crossing my fingers your source is right and we have some info today!! 

1 minute ago, Ms. Mag -she -her said:

Will I receive an email from them regarding the update or do I check the Application Management portal?

I believe we will receive an email saying there is an update on your application and then you go to the portal to check the decision letter. Hope it helps! ?