In regards to McGill, I just want to add that they usually take a bit to send all of them out, and they don't always call! I looked at the 2020 forum, and they called a bunch of people on the 11th, then didn't contact anyone else for several days until March 16th when they sent out some additional acceptance emails (to people they never called the week before) as well as they sent out waitlists and rejections on the 16th as well. 

So, if you don't receive a call, you might still have a chance and they might send out more later, sort of in waves. 

I saw on the McGill site that they’re average cumulative GPA for incoming students is a 3.8... This seems pretty high for a cumulative GPA. I wonder if those under this would still have a good chance??? Super nervous!

1 minute ago, SLPPPPwannabe said:

I swear the idea (just the idea) of UofA sending out acceptances this week has me going insane.. 

You're not alone! I am having such a hard time focusing, working and not driving my bubble crazy by only talking about admissions

Just now, SLPPPPwannabe said:

I swear the idea (just the idea) of UofA sending out acceptances this week has me going insane.. 

I know, I've been going through past years blogs and trying to work out when we may hear. On the one hand, the last two years it seems to have been the first two weeks of March, on a Monday. On the other hand, UofA changed their admissions process this year. Does that mean it will take them longer? You would think their new approach is more in depth/complicated and so it will take them longer. Are we looking at the end of March? 

And then I'm reading when people seemed to get their emails in past years. Looks like around 11am, but is that when we can expect to hear every year?

As you can see, I have completely over analyzed it. 

Hey guys! I'm freaking out too but gentle reminder that UA has completely changed their admissions process this year and, even without that, has been really variable with respect to when they send out admissions offers over the last 5 years

Also remember that most schools outside of Ontario send admissions out in waves! (eg last year UA accepted someone on the 13th after sending out what looks like most of their offers on the 9th, UBC almost always doesn't send them all at once, and it looks like dal sent offers out over the course of 2-3 weeks last year)

If it helps you can set emails from the admissions officers to re-direct to a different inbox so you can check at your leisure if you, like me, have to check you email during exams in the coming weeks :) Good luck!!

21 minutes ago, Want2BeAnSLP said:

I keep refreshing the UofA portal every couple minutes... I'm going crazy!!

From what I remember last year, I got the acceptance email from Vicki quite a while before my portal even changed! I think it took a few days for it to update showing my conditional acceptance. 

4 minutes ago, JennSed said:

From what I remember last year, I got the acceptance email from Vicki quite a while before my portal even changed! I think it took a few days for it to update showing my conditional acceptance. 

Did they give any indication that their decisions would be later this year (considering the circumstances/change of protocol)? PS thanks for all the feedback @JennSed. You're amazing?

Just now, SpeechieWannaB said:

Did they give any indication that their decisions would be later this year (considering the circumstances/change of protocol)? PS thanks for all the feedback @JennSed. You're amazing?

I haven't heard anything at all, sorry ? I was expecting letters to go out this week as well, fingers crossed! 

Hey! For the schools outside of Ontario, does anyone know how long they typically give you to accept an offer if you receive one? I know for ORPAS it's first round of offers go out April 1st, and the deadline to accept is April 16th (or April 30th for provisional acceptances) but I was curious about the other schools. 

@JennSed would you happen to remember how long you had to make a decision on whether or not to accept the offer you were given from UA? Thanks for providing so much insight to this forum this year as well, we all really appreciate it! :) 

2 minutes ago, coco_SLP said:

Hey! For the schools outside of Ontario, does anyone know how long they typically give you to accept an offer if you receive one? I know for ORPAS it's first round of offers go out April 1st, and the deadline to accept is April 16th (or April 30th for provisional acceptances) but I was curious about the other schools. 

@JennSed would you happen to remember how long you had to make a decision on whether or not to accept the offer you were given from UA? Thanks for providing so much insight to this forum this year as well, we all really appreciate it! :) 

Its my pleasure, I love helping out where I can! ? So I received my offer March 9, and it said I had until "the national deadline" to decide, which was April 15 last year.

14 minutes ago, JennSed said:

Its my pleasure, I love helping out where I can! ? So I received my offer March 9, and it said I had until "the national deadline" to decide, which was April 15 last year.

Oh okay interesting, thanks for sharing! :) 

3 hours ago, coco_SLP said:

3 hours ago, JennSed said:

Hey I had the same timeline that JenSed outlined here. I just wanted to say that I noticed this line on the admissions page a while ago and remembered being surprised since I had had so long to decide. Hopefully this doesn't mean that they will wait until April like the Ontario schools, but they may have decided to tighten up their turnaround time this year. I don't know when you all will hear but I have my fingers crossed for you all!! Hopefully this helps :)

"Applicants whom the department is recommending for acceptance will receive an e-mail or telephone call informing them of the recommendation and asking them to reply within two weeks to let the Department know whether or not they are interested." from https://www.ualberta.ca/communications-sciences-and-disorders/programs/msc-in-speech-language-pathology/admissions/index.html

1 hour ago, s.slp said:

Hey I had the same timeline that JenSed outlined here. I just wanted to say that I noticed this line on the admissions page a while ago and remembered being surprised since I had had so long to decide. Hopefully this doesn't mean that they will wait until April like the Ontario schools, but they may have decided to tighten up their turnaround time this year. I don't know when you all will hear but I have my fingers crossed for you all!! Hopefully this helps :)

"Applicants whom the department is recommending for acceptance will receive an e-mail or telephone call informing them of the recommendation and asking them to reply within two weeks to let the Department know whether or not they are interested." from https://www.ualberta.ca/communications-sciences-and-disorders/programs/msc-in-speech-language-pathology/admissions/index.html

Thanks for the info! I must've missed that bit so I'm glad you pointed it out. It does make me wonder if they might wait  bit and send them out a few weeks later than they typically have this year. Additionally, with them making decisions from a distance and with a new selection process/criteria I wouldn't be surprised if it is a slower process than in the past. Either way, thank you for pointing this out! We'll have to wait and see now I suppose. 

1 hour ago, SpeechieWannaB said:

Sooooo... I emailed Vicki (using an alias and a new Gmail account to keep it anonymous?) and it looks like a longer wait is confirmed. We can all stop incessantly checking emails for a little while.... 

Screenshot_20210309-110637_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thanks for sharing! Just out of curiosity, did you specify that you were emailing about SLP? 

7 hours ago, SpeechieWannaB said:

Sooooo... I emailed Vicki (using an alias and a new Gmail account to keep it anonymous?) and it looks like a longer wait is confirmed. We can all stop incessantly checking emails for a little while.... 

Screenshot_20210309-110637_Samsung Internet.jpg

6 hours ago, neuroling said:

Thanks for sharing! Just out of curiosity, did you specify that you were emailing about SLP? 

also curious about this