I got accepted to UofT and waitlisted and Western! I just accepted UofT!!! 

My stats were: sub gpa of 3.88, volunteered at an aphasia centre and private speech clinic (200+ hours), currently doing a honours thesis and have done some RA work. I'm also enrolled in a teaching English as Secondary Language Program at my uni where I got experience teaching English in elementary schools and in adult literacy classes!

Please feel free to message me if you want anymore information or just if you want to chat! Congrats to everyone that got an acceptance! For those that didn't, keep your head up and don't give up!!

Edited by onaspeechcrayz

18 minutes ago, speechie97 said:

For those who got into U of T, do you mind sharing your stats? Congratulations to everyone who got accepted, you should be proud of yourselves :) To those who were unsuccessful this year, you should also be proud because you worked your ass off DURING A PANDEMIC!!! God has a plan for every one of you and you will get to where you want to be!!!

I’d be happy to share over private message! :)

5 minutes ago, InspiredSpeechPath said:

Congrats to everyone whose heard back so far!! From my understanding some  offers are yet to be “ firm” Does anyone know what makes them firm? Could it be because some people are still enrolled in their last year?  

Yes! Some people may still be waiting for convocation or still be completing prerequisites. As far as I know, it won't be firm until they receive any outstanding transcripts. 

1 minute ago, MiaSLP said:

I got in with a gpa under this! I think being well rounded and putting yourself out there can really make/break your application! :) 

Thanks for responding! My GPA is 3.72 and have 2 research experience also 500+ volunteer hours. I didn't get into. ?

6 hours ago, UnderLing21 said:

Does anyone know what size Western's program is? I just got a rejection email and it said they had 535 applications!!! That makes me feel slightly less bad about not getting a spot, although I'd even be thrilled with a waitlist position at this point ?

It says they have 50 positions in 2021

https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/orpas-program-requirements/

Congratulations to everyone on their acceptances! I am waitlisted at Western and thought I’d share my stats incase it’s helpful for anyone else :)

I have a 3.47 sgpa according to opras. 93 hours volunteering in research at CHEO, 63 hours volunteering at a private speech clinic, and 1300+ hours as the administrative assistant at a private speech clinic (my current job). My professional reference is my boss who is the owner of the speech clinic and an SLP so I’m sure that looked good. This is my second time applying!

I’m trying to stay hopeful! & again, congratulations to everyone on their acceptances and waitlist offers!

14 minutes ago, SLP2020!! said:

Congratulations to everyone on their acceptances! I am waitlisted at Western and thought I’d share my stats incase it’s helpful for anyone else :)

I have a 3.47 sgpa according to opras. 93 hours volunteering in research at CHEO, 63 hours volunteering at a private speech clinic, and 1300+ hours as the administrative assistant at a private speech clinic (my current job). My professional reference is my boss who is the owner of the speech clinic and an SLP so I’m sure that looked good. This is my second time applying!

I’m trying to stay hopeful! & again, congratulations to everyone on their acceptances and waitlist offers!

I am also waitlisted at Western I thought I would share my stats here too because it is a nice contrast. 

I have a 3.9 sGPA. I have no direct experience at a speech clinic (thank-you COVID). I have worked  full time/part time on two research projects one of which (part time) was with a SLP. I have volunteer experience with children as a coach (5 years) and other volunteer experience in first aid (6 years). I didn't use a professional reference I used a personal reference (swim coach). My other references were professors that I had taken multiple classes with. This is my first time applying.

Edit: it probably seems crazy that I didn't use the SLP reference but they didn't know me very well as I had just started to project back in January.

Edited by Luck26

I have been rejected from Western.... this is my THIRD TIME APPLYING. The last 2 years I got waitlisted.  I'm not sure what to do anymore... I have also been rejected from McMaster and McGill. 

Received the rejection from UofT. Now a few more weeks of agony for the waitlist at Western.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get research experience after graduation? It seems that they really value research experience but I have no idea on how to get it if you're not enrolled in a program. I'd really appreciate any help.

Congratulations again to everyone who got in and I hope that those who didn't will eventually get their chance.

Edited by slp2020ab

8 hours ago, Terre-neuvien said:

I got accepted to Western! So great to hear! Haven't heard anything from Toronto, so I am assuming that means no. Congratulations everyone, and I know those who are disappointed are some of the best SLPs there'll ever be ❤️

omg yeah congrats !!!!!!! what a relieve !!! did you heard from Ottawa U ? 

Hey everyone congrats on acceptances! Either way, if you got the news you wanted or not, be proud that you were able to go through this application process during a pandemic. That's hard!

I got waitlisted at both Western and Mac, but am #3 on Mac's waitlist so I am hopeful. If anyone is declining their offer to Mac please let me know! :) 

Edited by Speechiepeach

Just now, Jelenaa said:

Got waitlisted for Western and UofT. :(

Hey! Although it may not be the answer you were hoping for, this is still a great accomplishment. Who knows what will happen. Best of luck!!