2020-2021 Application Thread

Theory007

3 minutes ago, Lovemyboy said:

Congrat! Where is the survey page? Do you know when they'll make decision about waitlist and what‘s the turning rate?

I seem to have missed the survey page as well, is it separate from the results page?

5 minutes ago, Lovemyboy said:

Congrat! Where is the survey page? Do you know when they'll make decision about waitlist and what‘s the turning rate?

It was a personalized email and they didn’t say— just that they’ll be re-evaluating over the next few months and to let them know if I am no longer interested at any point. 

If I had to guess, the one acceptance posted on the results page in January was probably real and they’re likely taking a much smaller cohort than previous years.

Keeping my fingers crossed as this was my first result ?

Edited by Polysciapplicant21

2 minutes ago, Polysciapplicant21 said:

It was a personalized email and they didn’t say— just that they’ll be re-evaluating over the next few months and to let them know if I am no longer interested at any point. 

If I had to guess, the one acceptance posted on the survey in January was probably real and they’re likely taking a much smaller cohort than previous years.

Keeping my fingers crossed as this was my first result ?

So exhausted and anxious. I didn't see any offer or rejection. But waitlist firstly seen. What's going on??

Hope they'll give out the result of waiting line as soon as possible. Waiting is killing us.

Just now, spotted said:

I wish I could just dm POIs on twitter, specifically the ones that followed me back and ask why they did 

I mean, in theory nothing is stopping you lol Just be careful how you word it if you do. "Did you follow me because I'm going to be admitted into the program?" is a bit heavy handed. If you've talked to them before than reaching out to them should be alright. 

11 minutes ago, Polysciapplicant21 said:

Has anyone heard a timeline update from BU?

I’m wondering this too but they did say in the confirmation email they’d be reviewing apps through early Spring (March) and making decisions by late Spring (not department specific though). So, I’ve given up on hearing from them anytime soon. 

Edit to include email quote: 

“Please note that review of applications for Fall 2021 will begin in early January and continue into early Spring.  Questions regarding application completeness and timeliness for application decisions should be directed to your prospective department in early Spring.”

Edited by BrownSugar

Question for the UVA waitlists -- did the status of your application change on your website? As an IR applicant I'm thinking I probably got a hard pass from the admissions committee, but what do I know.

I know the saying is a watched pot never boils, but good god, the stupid pot is all I'm thinking about. JUST BOIL WATER!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, btermite said:

I tried calling the graduate admissions office, but they didn't give me any additional information.

Graduate admissions won’t know anything about the timeline usually. Only the department will. 

12 minutes ago, Polysciapplicant21 said:

There was one acceptance on Jan 20th

I suspect that one is fake. Because I remember when that one appeared, one acceptance from northeastern and one acceptance from BU appeared almost in the exact same time. I suspect they belong to the same person.

21 minutes ago, kmccorm327 said:

Question for the UVA waitlists -- did the status of your application change on your website? As an IR applicant I'm thinking I probably got a hard pass from the admissions committee, but what do I know.

I know the saying is a watched pot never boils, but good god, the stupid pot is all I'm thinking about. JUST BOIL WATER!!!!!!!

The portal did not change for me. The notification was via email.

7 minutes ago, afjackie said:

Anyone waiting for UC Irvine check your portal! I just checked and had an acceptance letter waiting! Good luck to everyone out there! 

Congrats! I'm a UCI alum and we have a pretty strong department. If you have questions about the department or UCI in general, feel free to reach out