2020-2021 Application Thread

Theory007

Just now, gradpumpkin said:

Thank you so much!! Was starting to lose hope but this is a great start. Congrats to you as well!!

Seriously! I applied last cycle without knowing anything about the process, and got rejected from all 5 schools I applied to. This year, I did a lot more research, and kept my SoP's succinct and school-oriented. Even being waitlisted is just so exciting! Crazy that it went to my trash (didn't even go to junk, since I've been checking that religiously as well). So make sure to check every obscure folder you have in your inbox! Congrats!!!!!

6 minutes ago, tryingherbest said:

I also just got a rejection from BU. First of the cycle.

I'm pretty bummed about BU, I thought I was a great fit for IR and I spoke with several professors. I knew this year would be extremely tough though. I also had 4 strong letters of recommendation

Edited by tryingherbest

3 minutes ago, tryingherbest said:

I'm pretty bummed about BU, I thought I was a great fit for IR and I spoke with several professors. I knew this year would be extremely tough though. I also had 4 strong letters of recommendation

I also had 4 strong letters and had spoken with a few profs at BU. I'm not that bummed because it wasn't my top choice, but I'm a bit like..ooouff, starting off this admission cycle on a bad note LOL

1 minute ago, polisci_gal said:

I also had 4 strong letters and had spoken with a few profs at BU. I'm not that bummed because it wasn't my top choice, but I'm a bit like..ooouff, starting off this admission cycle on a bad note LOL

Yeah not a great start to this cycle for me, but BU was my top choice. Good luck with the rest of your schools!

Just now, tryingherbest said:

Yeah not a great start to this cycle for me, but BU was my top choice. Good luck with the rest of your schools!

Aw well I am sure somewhere else will work out for you !! And thank you! You too

2 minutes ago, polisci_gal said:

I also started off with a rejection, it'll make your first acceptance even better!! 

1 minute ago, PolNerd said:

Anyone feel like they wouldn't be hearing from Berkeley, Princeton, and NW at all LOL. I know we will at some point, but the radio silence is a bit too much, especially with other programs releasing decisions according to previous timelines.

Apparently someone posted yet another acceptance at Berkeley. If we were to judge by the results page, UC Berkeley would have a cohort of just about 40 this year...

Just now, PolNerd said:

Anyone feel like they wouldn't be hearing from Berkeley, Princeton, and NW at all LOL. I know we will at some point, but the radio silence is a bit too much, especially with other programs releasing decisions according to previous timelines.

I did a Princeton check on here and noticed that, prior to 2017, decisions were released during the second week of Feb (whereas in the last 3 years they came end of Jan(. So, perhaps there's a slight delay this year and it will come end of the week/next week. 

Just now, plus said:

Apparently someone posted yet another acceptance at Berkeley. If we were to judge by the results page, UC Berkeley would have a cohort of just about 40 this year...

Guessing they are being super generous in Cali this year lol  ?