2020-2021 Application Thread

Theory007

Claiming a Boston University rejection. It was a generic email, no update to the portal though. I had applied to American Studies subfield. Good luck to those who are waiting or Congrats if you got in! 

Edited by TheLifeofBrian

19 minutes ago, civallday said:

Anyone still waiting/hoping to hear back from OSU? 

Yep! Anyone claiming the acceptances/rejections? Judging by the looks of it, someone is reeeeally enjoying some trolling. (Not OSU, but the political science results section in general)

Edited by gradappsubmitter

1 minute ago, gradappsubmitter said:

Yep! Anyone claiming the acceptances/rejections? Judging by the looks of it, someone is reeeeally enjoying some trolling. (Not OSU, but the political science results section in general)

Yeah. I think those came in after my post...

6 minutes ago, ovejal said:

I think the survey page can only be trusted for humor (generously defined) at this point. 

I see you are a Vandy applicant as well; did you receive an invite for an interview? Hoping more go out tomorrow, only have two confirmed here so far. 

1 minute ago, Mad Scientist Malfrost said:

I see you are a Vandy applicant as well; did you receive an invite for an interview? Hoping more go out tomorrow, only have two confirmed here so far. 

I haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully they will send more out over the next day or so. 

2 minutes ago, nivy25 said:

Is this even legit? 

At this point given all of the other troll responses on the results page coming in all at once, I'm guessing the Northwestern one is fake too! But thought I'd check here just in case. Northwestern doesn't usually do interviews for PoliSci as far as I understand, but who knows with this crazy cycle. 

Just now, NeedaMormon said:

I heard last Friday. I’m still waiting for an email about funding since they contacted me via phone call.

Thanks. International student here so I am guessing they wouldn't call anyway even if I got in. The wait is killing me. Congratulations btw

19 minutes ago, afjackie said:

At this point given all of the other troll responses on the results page coming in all at once, I'm guessing the Northwestern one is fake too! But thought I'd check here just in case. Northwestern doesn't usually do interviews for PoliSci as far as I understand, but who knows with this crazy cycle. 

Yeah I hope so. I would personally LOVE to work with Ian Hurd. I feel like Northwestern is one of my best fit in terms of research because of Professor Hurd. 

Officially recieved the email from UVA about waitlist status. But there're some many people claiming the waitlist of UVA here. I think the waitlist is pretty long....I wouldn't expect anything from UVA since no one reported an admission from waitlist before on Gradcafe.