2020-2021 Application Thread

Theory007

5 minutes ago, Mad Scientist Malfrost said:

Until someone claims that interview here, I'm skeptical lol

Hello, I can claim the interview for Vanderbilt. If I remember correctly, an initial email says that they will be interviewing until the 12th and that admits will be notified ~15th so I'm sure there are many more coming. 

Been trying to stay off this thread, but I can also claim a UW Madison admission for IR. 

Good luck to all and thank you to everyone in this thread for keeping things positive! Has definitely helped me stay a little bit saner. 

Edited by NotaDoctorShh

Just now, NotaDoctorShh said:

Hello, I can claim the interview for Vanderbilt. If I remember an initial email says that they will be interviewing until the 12th and that admits will be notified ~15th so I'm sure there are many more coming. 

Been trying to stay off this thread, but I can also claim a UW Madison admission for IR. 

Good luck to all and thank you to everyone in this thread for keeping things positive! Has definitely helped me stay a little bit saner. 

Awesome! Best of luck with the interview! Glad to see that someone can actually claim it so that way we know it is legit. 

Also, congrats on the UW Madison offer as well! 

2 minutes ago, Homeless said:

Can also claim a UVA waitlist (Theory). A very nice email, but they're definitely going out subfield by subfield.

It seems that UVA sent out a lot a lot waitlist without any admission or rejection....

The waitlist is pretty long...

Just now, omelette789 said:

Did everyone's application status turn to "under review" ? It looks like none of mine did, they still say "submitted".. should I be worried? 

I wouldn't be worried. That depends more or less on the software that the school is using to process applications more than anything else.  Sometimes it will never change from Submitted until you get your final decision. 

Just now, Indeed said:

Claiming interview with Vanderbilt. Does anyone have any insights about it? The email states it will be a brief 15-20 min interview but nothing else.

From what I know about short list interviews they are going to want to gauge your interest on why you'd want to go to Vandy over other schools. So you should definitely be able to talk about why you want to go there and that includes faculty you'd like to work with and research you'd like to do. They are basically checking you for fit more than anything else for an interview at that level.  

2 hours ago, rdb777 said:

As someone obsessing over Northwestern, does "NW" mean Northwestern?

Yes! I would usually type Northwestern but I saw a couple people abbreviating it to NW so I thought I'll use it!

3 minutes ago, polisci_gal said:

Sorry about that. :(
Was it a personalized email? Or more generic?

generic e-mail with my name, like we regret to inform you bla bla :) a kind e-mail

1 minute ago, nivy25 said:

Does Vanderbilt interview everyone they're considering for admission? 

Based on the email they sent out talking about the timeline that certainly seems to be the case, to quote that email,"  Coming out of this meeting we will then move to stage two in which we schedule phone or Skype interviews with those applicants that remain under consideration. "