2020-2021 Application Thread

Theory007

14 minutes ago, Dream Bigger said:

I am IR for UVA. How aboutyou by the way?

Me, too. I have not received anything from UVA. Seems like I am out of consideration this year. Have you received a notification for waiting list or acceptance?

Edited by Charleslee007

2 hours ago, icemanyeo said:

Also taking a break from the forum for the next couple of days. After muting everything, I was actually productive today and I want to keep that going! Congratulations to all those who have received admit decisions today ~ I'll probably pop back in if I get a surprise admission email. :) 

Hope everything would be fine with you. Of course and all of us!

Just now, Dream Bigger said:

Hearing nothing. But it seems that rejection soon will come...

Don't give up so early. I withdraw what I said a few moments ago. Actually all offers that I have seen from UVA are AP, and none of them is IR. I think we could just be patient and see how it goes. 

10 hours ago, Charleslee007 said:

Don't give up so early. I withdraw what I said a few moments ago. Actually all offers that I have seen from UVA are AP, and none of them is IR. I think we could just be patient and see how it goes. 

I'm an IR waitlist from UVA -- have we had any acceptances here yet? 

To those who have applied to UChicago, I heard back from my PoI. They told me that they are still in the process of finalizing who to admit and the committee is still actively meeting so they couldn't give me an exact timeframe. I'm pretty sure we won't be getting any decisions from them this week. Could get something by late next week or the next would be my best guess. 

51 minutes ago, StarkDark1 said:

Anyone claiming an acceptance from BU?

Has anyone not received anything from BU yet? I didn't get a rejection email yesterday...or anything else. Portal unchanged.

16 minutes ago, ExileOnMainSt said:

Anyone contacted Princeton or Berkeley?

I would advise against it. As per the FAQ, they have the entirety of February to get back to us.

Princeton:

Q. When are admission decisions announced?

A. Usually February

https://politics.princeton.edu/frequently-asked-questions

Berkeley:

• Q: When can I expect to hear a decision on my application?
    A: The department will contact you by email no later than March 1, usually by mid-February. The department is authorized only to recommend admission decisions to the Graduate Division Dean, but you will receive a final decision from the Dean's office if you are admitted shortly after you hear from the department.

https://polisci.berkeley.edu/graduate-program/applying/frequently-asked-questions#ACAAR

Edited by plus