2020-2021 Application Thread

Theory007

22 minutes ago, AHD said:

Anyone claiming the NYU admit? 

It looked like fake to me as it's a lone wolf post, and it named the department as "Political Science" instead of "Politics". But my interpretation is more likely to be wishful thinking than logical deduction, haha

Also thank you all for Duke responses, fingers crossed!

Edited by TwitterNotGivenAPItoME

21 hours ago, StarkDark1 said:

I haven't received anything from BU yet either...

What's your subfield, if you don't mind me asking? I wonder if they're going by subfield...(Sorry if you've answered this previously).

2 minutes ago, btermite said:

Congratulations!

Does it seem like a mass email? I.e. if we haven't yet received it we aren't in?

Sadly, that is probably the case, considering both of them got the email at the same time. Still, plenty of other decisions pending, don’t lose hope :))

2 minutes ago, plus said:

I see no reason to only send e-mails to applicants of a particular subfield.

It depends on who is writing the emails. If its the DGS then they likely sent out all the emails at once or near the same time but some departments have the heads of subfields reach out and they might do that at different times based on their own schedule. 

Just now, jimmyb898 said:

Considering that it was an informal email, maybe only the AP folks received it? Trying to keep hope alive!

I should clarify that it's an email from the DGS - which is as official as it gets without being an actual letter from the graduate school and they mention that will be coming soon. Not an email from a POI.