2020-2021 Application Thread

Theory007

4 minutes ago, sjetp said:

Just accessed it. Seems normal to me. Though the first time I tried it didn't work. I imagine it may have been some kind of system maintenance?

Oh, maybe. I tried logging in via multiple browsers but I'm unable to. 

3 minutes ago, sjetp said:

Now that you said it, I noticed it's acting weird when I use chrome. But with Safari it logs in ok. Have you tried it?

Seems to be working fine now. Sorry for the trouble, everyone. ?

Congrats to everyone who got good news today, some really great schools released results! For everyone else, keep your chins up! Still plenty of school out there yet to release decisions and I'm sure we'll all have some good news sooner or later! We are all in this together. 

3 hours ago, Habermas said:

Did anyone get officially rejected from UT Austin or are we still just assuming? My online portal says "under review."

I still haven't heard from them (no email and portal says "under review."

It's weird because it's been almost two weeks since they sent their acceptances. I've already assumed I'm not getting an offer, but a formal rejection would be nice.

4 hours ago, ConcreteBalloon said:

Any of the admits to Princeton apply to the Political Philosophy PhD? I need to have all my hope extinguished :)

I applied but through the department of philosophy 

Edit: I am tired (it’s 2AM in my country) and apparently got stupid and/or blind: I haven’t received anything from Princeton yet :)))))))

Edited by Uberfloweret

20 minutes ago, verschiedene said:

I might have missed this in these 70 pages of discussions but has anyone any news on Northwestern? I'm theory subfield btw. 

Northwestern confirmed to someone on this forum last week that they haven't send any results out yet, and that they hope to do so by Feb 15th. I am still keeping my fingers cross for this week, but it sounds like given the high number of applicants this year it is possible we might have to wait another week or week and a half. I'm anxiously waiting as well, IR subfield. 

Just now, afjackie said:

Northwestern confirmed to someone on this forum last week that they haven't send any results out yet, and that they hope to do so by Feb 15th. I am still keeping my fingers cross for this week, but it sounds like given the high number of applicants this year it is possible we might have to wait another week or week and a half. I'm anxiously waiting as well, IR subfield. 

Thanks for letting me know and sending good vibes to you too!

4 minutes ago, theoryyyyy said:

Was wondering if not hearing from Princeton = rejections. Theory field 

That’s what I told myself so I don’t keep any false hope (CP field). 

Edit: Usually they send acceptances all in one day. That’s why. 

Edited by BrownSugar

2 minutes ago, polisci_gal said:

Do we think not hearing from UMass Amherst today means a likely rejection? Maybe my self esteem is just deflated AF but i’m not feeling much hope anymore lol

It's not over until you get the rejection letter. I know it's hard to keep hope alive when you see others getting their acceptances, but don't count yourself out just yet.

Congrats to all the admissions accepted! Received rejections from UVA this morning. I guess in the next a couple of days I will just leave the forum and be prepared for enjoying my Chinese Lunar Year Festival break. Will be back if I get any acceptance. Hope everyone in the forum will get at least an offer this month!

Question for people. I submitted my Vanderbilt application before the due date, with everything attached (you literally cannot submit it without also submitting your SoP, Resume, etc.). When I look at my applicant status portal, however, under "We have received the following documents from you:", only my writing sample pops up. Is that the case for others? If they lost my SoP and all my other information and I am disqualified because of that, I will be more than a little annoyed!

4 minutes ago, kmccorm327 said:

Question for people. I submitted my Vanderbilt application before the due date, with everything attached (you literally cannot submit it without also submitting your SoP, Resume, etc.). When I look at my applicant status portal, however, under "We have received the following documents from you:", only my writing sample pops up. Is that the case for others? If they lost my SoP and all my other information and I am disqualified because of that, I will be more than a little annoyed!

I'm pretty sure that's what it shows on many portals. I believe the SoP and Resume are counted as a part of your application and you can see it if you preview it. Whereas the writing sample, which is substantially longer, is viewed separately and is not mixed in with the application I guess. I saw that in many portals when I applied so I wouldn't worry about it. 

Just now, nivy25 said:

I'm pretty sure that's what it shows on many portals. I believe the SoP and Resume are counted as a part of your application and you can see it if you preview it. Whereas the writing sample, which is substantially longer, is viewed separately and is not mixed in with the application I guess. I saw that in many portals when I applied so I wouldn't worry about it. 

Okay, good -- I was like there is literally NO way that I didn't submit my SoP or my resume. I don't even think they would let me complete it without uploading them! Damn near gave me a heart attack, especially because Vandy doesn't have an application preview on the status portal after you submit.