2020-2021 Application Thread

Theory007

19 minutes ago, suovren said:

claiming rochester admit! 

I'm from Rochester! I have no earthly clue why I didn't apply. But if you need any advice on where to live (neighborhood wise), what restaurants are good, fun bars, etc. I'm happy to help!

Edited by kmccorm327

2 minutes ago, kmccorm327 said:

I'm from Rochester! I have no earthly clue why I didn't apply. But if you need any advice on where to live, what restaurants are good, etc. I'm happy to help!

Becasuse it's too closed from where you live? HHHH probably you wanna see something different from you hometown?

7 minutes ago, poliscibxtch said:

Received an email for an interview with Vanderbilt. American Politics/Race and Ethnic Politics. 

That's awesome! Did you just get it, or was it earlier this morning? Wondering if they've sent out any Vandy interviews for IR. Still trying to keep the hope alive!

Edited by kmccorm327

Just now, kmccorm327 said:

That's awesome! Did you just get it, or was it earlier this morning? Wondering if any Vandy interviews are for IR. Still trying to keep the hope alive!

I think at least two people claimed IR interviews on Tuesday?

26 minutes ago, kmccorm327 said:

I'm from Rochester! I have no earthly clue why I didn't apply. But if you need any advice on where to live (neighborhood wise), what restaurants are good, fun bars, etc. I'm happy to help!

tbf if you're not a formal theorist, it's probably not really worth applying to rochester. it's very niche. 

Edited by BunniesInSpace

2 minutes ago, kmccorm327 said:

That's awesome! Did you just get it, or was it earlier this morning? Wondering if any Vandy interviews are for IR. Still trying to keep the hope alive!

I received it around 1 pm EST. They are interviewing their “long short list” for all fields and will be making final decisions after interviews. Good luck! 

12 minutes ago, gradinho said:

Congrats to all who are getting offers today!

I just got an email from a professor at Rochester to tell me I've been waitlisted. This is good news considering that 10 minutes ago I thought I had been rejected.

The email made a point on saying that this is a challenging year for them.

A waitlist beats a rejection indeed, congrats! I hope you really like formal theory if you end up at Rochester! One of the professor was a guest speak for a seminar I was in this semester and his working paper had SO MUCH GAME THEORY in it that it went over most of our heads lol

Edited by Mad Scientist Malfrost

56 minutes ago, pspr said:

Just heard back from my POI at Harvard to confirm that they are really reducing the cohort size from 24 to 8. The decision should come out as usual, towards the end of this month. This is the Hunger Game: Grad School Edition indeed. 

Hi! I can't see if you've said already, but what program are you referring to? 

Thanks so much! 

51 minutes ago, kmccorm327 said:

That's awesome! Did you just get it, or was it earlier this morning? Wondering if they've sent out any Vandy interviews for IR. Still trying to keep the hope alive!

I was interviewed for IR and also another friend from this forum. I guess they have been sending interview requests by subfield. But I don't know if they interview everyone on the short-list 

17 minutes ago, Indeed said:

I was interviewed for IR and also another friend from this forum. I guess they have been sending interview requests by subfield. But I don't know if they interview everyone on the short-list 

Unless something has changed this year, you need to be interviewed to get an acceptance.