2020-2021 Application Thread

Theory007

12 minutes ago, gradinho said:

You can’t just leave us hanging like that. Which name was on the letter? Was it gradinho???

Haha it was Syeri something. Not even close to my name ? 

52 minutes ago, SPN123 said:

Had this dream the other day where I got a decision envelope from Duke University (which I haven’t applied to btw). When I opened it, the acceptance letter was addressed to someone else. But in the dream, I thought to myself, “How could they have messed up my name that badly?!” ?

I think that is the mental space where most of us are these days lol

I want to wish everyone luck as a new week starts soon! I myself have gotten a bit despondent recently regarding decisions, but I’m hoping this week will brighten things up, and I do count myself fortunate to even have an offer in this cycle. 

Hi all, I have been reading down these threads for so long and joining in with all the anxiety brewing with everyone's results. I was reading along for so long so I finally decided to add in. I'm doing theory and applied to 6 schools this cycle.

I don't know why it feels better to know that strangers all over the world are stressing about the same thing as me. Hopeful for the taste of a victory beer. 

5 hours ago, BrownSugar said:

I want to wish everyone luck as a new week starts soon! I myself have gotten a bit despondent recently regarding decisions, but I’m hoping this week will brighten things up, and I do count myself fortunate to even have an offer in this cycle. 

I have a feeling with multiple solo-authored pubs, you will be more than fine! There are still a lot more schools to come.

As Sunday is almost over, and tomorrow marks the day of another crucial week of decisions, I wanted to wish everyone good luck. 

I’m personally hoping that I get to hear from at least some of the schools, and I hope you all do too. Hopefully, some (or all) of the news is positive for everyone. 

So let’s pray/hope/channel positive energy into this coming week! ?

52 minutes ago, nivy25 said:

As Sunday is almost over, and tomorrow marks the day of another crucial week of decisions, I wanted to wish everyone good luck. 

I’m personally hoping that I get to hear from at least some of the schools, and I hope you all do too. Hopefully, some (or all) of the news is positive for everyone. 

So let’s pray/hope/channel positive energy into this coming week! ?

Thank you for this energy, I definitely need it since not only is it another week of anxious waiting but classes start back up for me as well! 

2 minutes ago, Mad Scientist Malfrost said:

Thank you for this energy, I definitely need it since not only is it another week of anxious waiting but classes start back up for me as well! 

I just got done with my first week of classes! First week’s usually not too bad, but now from the second week onwards is going to be exhausting! 

Just now, nivy25 said:

I just got done with my first week of classes! First week’s usually not too bad, but now from the second week onwards is going to be exhausting! 

Very true. Syllabus week is a good time to help get settled back into a routine at least! 

24 minutes ago, Heterogeneous_Effects said:

I just got acceptance email from Berkeley at 12:50am PST. I'm shocked (especially to receive the news at such an hour lol) and sooooo so excited!

Congratulations! And thanks for letting us know! I think at least some of the UCs started releasing results just after midnight, judging from this and the UCSD timing...

I think when the sun rises in the East and surely the West coast, this thread will explode due to the Berkley results.

Edited by AHD

Just now, Lisaaah said:

Is there anyone who applied to theory field at Berkeley? I am so anxious now...

Me! Given that someone said on this thread earlier that they were only admitting one theory candidate this year, I’ve been trying to keep my hopes very low but yes, still extremely tormented atm

1 minute ago, verschiedene said:

Me! Given that someone said on this thread earlier that they were only admitting one theory candidate this year, I’ve been trying to keep my hopes very low but yes, still extremely tormented atm

Omg that's so harsh.. I think applicants of the theory field suffer from the most tough time at this year's cycle.