2020-2021 Application Thread

Theory007

7 hours ago, kmccorm327 said:

Okay, good -- I was like there is literally NO way that I didn't submit my SoP or my resume. I don't even think they would let me complete it without uploading them! Damn near gave me a heart attack, especially because Vandy doesn't have an application preview on the status portal after you submit. 

I'd double check that they do have your resume as I went through the same thing when applying for History (got my rejection Monday) and upon emailing the graduate coordinator back in October/November it turned out they didn't have my resume. I think their online system is a bit strange. Best of luck!

16 hours ago, drmantol said:

Also claiming a waitlist from Princeton. CP/methods.
Seems like a long waitlist...

Hi it looks like you and I have applied to the exact same list of programs (and have the exact same decisions at this time haha!). Was curious what your research focus area + background is - I've heard the waitlist is highly need-based by subfield/focus.

Good luck to us all!

Claiming the UMass Amherst acceptance. Got the e-mail this morning. Full funding for 5 years + health care package etc. 

I'm absolutely thrilled. This was my top choice in the US!! Crying lol

Edit: AP subfield.

Edited by polisci_gal

40 minutes ago, polisci_gal said:

Claiming the UMass Amherst acceptance. Got the e-mail this morning. Full funding for 5 years + health care package etc. 

Congrats! Glad you get into your top choice! That is super exciting!

Meanwhile I'm over here slowly starting to lose hope in Vanderbilt cause I've see another interview in the results XD

1 hour ago, polisci_gal said:

Congratulations!! 

3 minutes ago, Mad Scientist Malfrost said:

We already know Emory likely won’t be posting until the week of the 15th according to someone who reached out to a PoI there. As for Berkeley I have no idea.

I don’t know if this helps at all, but I applied for both in History and Berkeley History sent out their decisions this week and apparently Emory History is releasing theirs next week, so even though they are different departments you can probably expect to hear soon.

1 hour ago, gradappsubmitter said:

Do we think Penn State and SUNY Stony Brook are done communicating acceptances? 

Well I hope not ? I have seen couple of Stony Brook claims here so maybe we should consider that as a rejection. However I don't think we should rule out Penn State just yet as only one person claimed acceptance here and that was via informal email. 

A friend of mine also told me that not getting an email is not necessarily a rejection, but it can be that if you're on the waitlist (not for funding but for acceptance) they won't contact you right away. I personally hope that is the case, although I don't know if such waitlists for acceptances actually exist. I can also be just that my friend was trying to cheer me up :D