2020-2021 Application Thread

Theory007

1 minute ago, BrownSugar said:

Just got an expected rejection from BU! Fit wasn’t great. 

I'm sorry!

Just curious: how do you determine not great fit? For me, it's how much shoe-horning I had to do with my statement of purpose in order for my candidacy to make sense for the department. 

5 minutes ago, til1996 said:

I'm sorry!

Just curious: how do you determine not great fit? For me, it's how much shoe-horning I had to do with my statement of purpose in order for my candidacy to make sense for the department. 

The only professor they had that was a close fit for my interests left last month, so I’m assuming there was really no viable alternative. 

Edit: It was for CP. 

Edited by BrownSugar

2 minutes ago, BrownSugar said:

The only professor they had that was a close fit for my interests left last month, so I’m assuming there was really no viable alternative. 

Fair enough. Ya still got USC!!! Did your BU portal update? I still haven't heard from them....just waiting for the rejection LOL

Just now, polisci_gal said:

Fair enough. Ya still got USC!!! Did your BU portal update? I still haven't heard from them....just waiting for the rejection LOL

No, just got the email. Wishing you luck with all your apps!! 
I guess the acceptances no one claimed earlier might have been real? 

Just now, BrownSugar said:

No, just got the email. Wishing you luck with all your apps!! 
I guess the acceptances no one claimed earlier might have been real? 

Maybe? Perhaps whoever posted them isn't active on our forum. I'll claim my rejection when I receive it. Lol

Just checked my spam mail and magically found a waitlist to UVA! I have no idea why that would be flagged as spam by Gmail but I'm excited to be considered! One question for those who have been waitlisted... did yours indicate that you were HIGH on the waitlist? or just that you were on it. My POI said that I am high on the waitlist and that they are very much so hoping a spot will open up for me, so I'm wondering if they said that to everyone or if that's a separate distinction. 

SAME HERE!!!!! AHHHHHHHH check your junk/trash boxes people for UVA! (Does seem like the list is very long though)!

One of the PoI's I listed said that as a member of the admissions committee, she and her colleagues wanted to put me on the wait list "and keep me in mind". Doesn't sound as promising as yours gradpumpkin, so be excited!

She said they'll let us know within the next few weeks re: any updates as they become available. 

Edited by kmccorm327

21 minutes ago, kmccorm327 said:

SAME HERE!!!!! AHHHHHHHH check your junk/trash boxes people for UVA! (Does seem like the list is very long though)!

One of the PoI's I listed said that as a member of the admissions committee, she and her colleagues wanted to put me on the wait list "and keep me in mind" Doesn't sound as promising as yours gradpumpkin, so be excited!

She said they'll let us know within the next few weeks re: any updates as they become available. 

Thank you so much!! Was starting to lose hope but this is a great start. Congrats to you as well!!