MFA 2013 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ten-of-swords

finally heard from SAIC - rejection letter to confirm my assumption. oh well.. now I'm hoping to hear from VCU and Herron this week! after that it's decision time :) good luck to all of you!

Hi all! Just interviewed at Tyler. Really loved visiting, but don't want to get my hopes up too much. Thought it went well, but who knows.

So...

Has anyone interviewed at Cornell? The description of the interview process is making me nervous: "The interview consists of about 20 minutes for you to present your work, and a 20-25 minute period to discuss your work with faculty and current MFA students. Our plan is for this process to be relaxed and a casual exchange..."

Anyone have any experience with this sort of interview format? Or interviewing specifically at Cornell? I'm so much more comfortable in a Q&A setting... this scares me!

Best of luck to you all, exciting to see the acceptances coming in :)

Edited by gweaver

At the Parsons interview I thought they said they'd be letting us know this weekend - but I was so nervous I'm not really sure that is indeed what they said. Has anyone heard from Parsons and can they corroborate? Thanks!

For Painting!

You as well?

Which other Canadian schools have you applied for?

No, sculpture.  Still waiting for an answer...  I guess Concordia should be sending out answers this week.

I visited and met with the MFA director at NSCAD as well.  Went well, but Halifax is not the greatest city for the art scene.  I prefer Montreal.

finally heard from SAIC - rejection letter to confirm my assumption. oh well.. now I'm hoping to hear from VCU and Herron this week! after that it's decision time :) good luck to all of you!

Sorry to hear...but at least you know for sure. I imagine this means my rejection letter from them should be coming this week.

Got an email last night from Umass Dartmouth letting me know I was nominated for an SA position with tuition waiver+ small stipend. Still waiting to hear back from other schools, at this point I'm expecting a rejection letter from BU and UConn, but the UMass:Dartmouth news makes it sting a little less. 

Got my first news today - called Iowa after being locked out of my account and I was not accepted as of February 21st (thanks for telling me...).  Thinking there isn't good news for me again this year, but still hoping for the best!  

At the Parsons interview I thought they said they'd be letting us know this weekend - but I was so nervous I'm not really sure that is indeed what they said. Has anyone heard from Parsons and can they corroborate? Thanks!

they called me  saturday evening to let me know i was accepted! i believe during the interview they mentioned they'd let people know during the weekend and also on monday, good luck!

btw, have you heard from sva?

Edited by deadwilder

Where the Hunter sculpture love? Last school I'm waiting to hear from and it's the hot spot right now!!!

I think they've already sent out all the emails for interviews.  

Also, just called IUB and painting applicants should be notified this week or the week of the 18th of March.  Next week is their spring break, so it all depends if the faculty make decisions before or after!

they called me  saturday evening to let me know i was accepted! i believe during the interview they mentioned they'd let people know during the weekend and also on monday, good luck!

btw, have you heard from sva?

congrats!! no, nothing from sva.

Just recieved notice that I have been placed on a short waitlist for Boston University's painting program.

Anyone with notification of accptance or know what funding options they are offering?

I hope the waitlist is wicked short. I like their program quite a lot.

Edited by ptsd-2013

I'm slowly dying. Still waiting to hear back from University at Buffalo, Columbia University, and NYU Steinhardt for the MFA Studio (Photography) programs... so envious of everyone who has been hearing back. I can't stop checking my email and status page!

For Hunter not to offer Skype interviews is rather disappointing. I was told if I can't make it in person then there would be no acceptance. All the other schools utilize alternatives to physical interviews, but alas Hunter has yet to realize it's the year 2013. 

Just got an email from MICA saying that they are about to conduct their final decisions and will notify everyone by March 15th.  Other than this I have had no contact.  I wasnt requested for interview or rejected...Has anyone been rejected from MICA for graphic design?  Is this email a small indicator, that I have a chance of being admitted?  Or is the word final just there next to decision arbitrarily?

Just got an email from MICA saying that they are about to conduct their final decisions and will notify everyone by March 15th.  Other than this I have had no contact.  I wasnt requested for interview or rejected...Has anyone been rejected from MICA for graphic design?  Is this email a small indicator, that I have a chance of being admitted?  Or is the word final just there next to decision arbitrarily?

I received the same email for the painting department and contacted the admission office regarding interview procedures.

They responded:

"We will interview some candidates at our discretion. However, not all interviewee are admitted, and not all admitted are interviewed. Generally, we ask applicants to try not to infer too much about interviews".

I haven't seen anyone on here reporting notice of any communication from MICA thus far this year.

Hope this helps.

Waiting is the WORST.

I received the same email for the painting department and contacted the admission office regarding interview procedures.

They responded:

"We will interview some candidates at our discretion. However, not all interviewee are admitted, and not all admitted are interviewed. Generally, we ask applicants to try not to infer too much about interviews".

I haven't seen anyone on here reporting notice of any communication from MICA thus far this year.

Hope this helps.

Do you guys think most schools interview all applicants they intend to admit? First time around... This may be giving me false hope. ha.

I'm assuming the worst.

Edited by MinervaRoad

RISD printmaking update: I was just told of someone who said they received an acceptance last week without an interview. I had thought that they always interviewed though. Can anyone verify this either way? I'm not sure if it's true or just hearsay. 

Any info would be much appreciated! Thanks!