Fall 2014 applicants??

I'm visiting Fordham the first week in April (also going to see Les Mis while I'm in the city and soooo thrilled), and visiting Carnegie Mellon at the end of March. I think the visits will really be my deciding factor between the two programs.

D was also sent the email from Georgetown stating that she was near the top of the alternate list for funding. Does anyone ever turn them down leaving a spot for an alternate? There are at least two that got this email here. What are the chances?....oh well. She has 4 other funded offers, but this would have been nice. It's time to decide, but she is unsure. Every program has its pluses and minuses. 

To the person who heard from GW: Was your application for the PhD or MA program? D applied for MA, but has not heard from them yet.

D was also sent the email from Georgetown stating that she was near the top of the alternate list for funding. Does anyone ever turn them down leaving a spot for an alternate? There are at least two that got this email here. What are the chances?....oh well. She has 4 other funded offers, but this would have been nice. It's time to decide, but she is unsure. Every program has its pluses and minuses.

To the person who heard from GW: Was your application for the PhD or MA program? D applied for MA, but has not heard from them yet.

Hi there: I applied to the PhD program with an MA in hand. I first emailed the DGS, but she never got back to me. So, I finally emailed the admissions office.

I got the email saying Georgetown had sent out all their first offers. Really disappointing, because I'm dying to go and I don't know how I'll afford it without funding. Anyone have any idea about the likelihood of getting a funding offer after this point? Honestly, how many people would turn down a funded offer from Georgetown?

Based on other threads from previous years there is quite a bit of shuffling around with funding in late March/early April. I'm trying to keep my hopes up! Which positions did you all apply for? I wonder if that makes a difference.

Who needs a pick me up? Oh, everyone?

I give you a Christopher Walken dance mashup. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNaau2uPFqI&feature=player_embedded

i saw that one! i loves me some Christopher Walken.

this made me smile today....

http://youtu.be/l3HYLLruJis

I just accepted an offer.

There is no emoticon for how weird that feels.  4 app seasons paying off, and I'm scared shitless, and ecstatic, and...yeah.

Now, I share a video someone posted last year that sums up this whole stupid never-ending anxiety attack...

ETA: then I cock up the code and decide to just post a link...

Edited by Katia_chan

There is no emoticon for how weird that feels.  4 app seasons paying off, and I'm scared shitless, and ecstatic, and...yeah.

Now, I share a video someone posted last year that sums up this whole stupid never-ending anxiety attack...

No words necessary, my friend. Jessie Spano says it all.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :) That’s so absolutely wonderful.

I should probably post this in funny English stories thread but going to post it here anyway.

UFL was the only direct PhD program I wanted to apply to. I sent them all my app materials but the portal wasn't accepting my international credit card and the grad school was not open to options that were feasible for me. So, I told myself that it's a long shot anyways and let it go.

Just received an email from them stating I have been placed on the wait list. I cannot stop laughing. I asked the program assistant my position on the wait list and she said at the moment, I am on the lower half. So,chances are very slim. It's still nice to know that my writing was good enough to be placed on the wait list.

Yesssss! I'm always here for some Saved by the Bell, especially this clip.

Also, I'm about 95% sure of the choice I'm going to make. Part of me wants to wait and see if my waitlist converts, but I have a really good feeling about one of the acceptances. I'm probably going to be making my decision within the next few days :D

Wow! It's nice to see that you've all been accepted to so many places over the last couple of weeks! I'm now weighing two admits and making little columns of plus/minus signs for each. I wish one of them would do something horrible or fantastic to tip the scales. Saludos

Yeah, I was still waiting to see if a waitlist converted, and still technically had one school left to hear from.  But the funding at the WL didn't look good, and the other school sent its acceptances out over 2 weeks ago, soooo...

And then I decided that the likelihood of me choosing either school over the acceptance I had was pretty small, and that I just wanted to be able to plan my effing life further than six months in advance, and I took a chance.  There's still the tiny "what-if" in my brain, but it is only about 2%, and is overruled by the other 98 that feels like we made a good call.

When March is drawing to a close, the potential grad student must thrust herself into motion.  Or...something.  Basically, I just wanted to make a decision and I went for it.

Where did you decide Horb?

I'm deciding between UConn and Tufts, and am leaning towards Tufts, but I'm visiting UConn next week to finalize my decision, make sure I give them both a chance. 

I'm deciding between UConn and Tufts, and am leaning towards Tufts, but I'm visiting UConn next week to finalize my decision, make sure I give them both a chance. 

I too am finally visiting next week and am looking forward to making a fully informed decision. Finally.

Hah for people making decisions! My visit is two weeks from today and I'm hoping a waitlist converts but I likely won't be able to visit if it does. Blah.

Katia, yay! I can't wait to hear all about the program!

Visited uconn today and loved it! Not prepared to accept (have to coordinate with my fiancée) but it was a really great environment. Everyone was so friendly and the department is very supportive. Leaning uconn, but I might wait for news from my wait list.